We frequently hear a lot about glycerin .Itâ€™s a neutral sweet tasting product which gets dissolved into water or alcohol but not oils. You might come across many soap advertisement claiming themselves to have glycerin in it. This is because glycerin is a wonderful moisturizer for all skin type. There are many uses of glycerin and is used by companies in their skin care and hair care lotions. Especially suited for sensitive skin it makes your skin look healthy and soft.
Glycerin is available in many sizes from 250ml to 1 kg. This is because everyone uses it according to their requirement. Some uses it as year round lotion where as some use a bit of it as a moisturizer.
Below here are comprehensive uses of glycerin which you can adopt according to your convenience.
1. Take 3 tbsp of glycerin with 3tbsp of rose water and store it in a clean bottle. Use it as a moisturizer whenever required for your face, hand and feet. You can alter the ratio according to your requirement. If you have oily or combination skin then add 1 lemon juice into the mixture. This will tighten your pour too. Also, always shake the lotion before applying as glycerin generally settles down at the bottom of the bottle.
2 .You can make a acne lotion by using glycerin. Take 1tsp glycerin, 1/2tsp Borax powder and camphor lotion (available in chemist shop),1 cup distilled water and mix all the ingredients well. Apply it on your face .When dried wash it off with lukewarm water. Wash your face again with cold water after few minutes. You can reuse the lotion by storing it into the refrigerator.
3. Take multani mitti(Fullerâ€™s earth),almond powder and glycerin .Keep the quantity of almond more in the mixture. You can take the mixture in 1:2:4 i.e. 1tsp of multani mitti,2 tsp of glycerin and 4 tsp of almond powder .Make a paste of it by adding water and apply it on your black heads. When dried you can rinse the mixture a bit and wash it off with cold water.
4. Mix 1tspn of Vaseline with 1tsp of glycerin and apply it on your face and body overnight. This is for dry skin.
5.Take 1tspn of vitamin E oil ,1tsp of Vaseline and 1tsp of glycerin .Apply over face and body for half an hour and then take a shower. This too is a good moisturizer for all skin type.
6 Take 1tbsp of castor oil and beat it well. Add 1tsp of glycerin and 1tsp of cider vinegar .Mix all the ingredients with a mild herbal shampoo and apply it on the roots of your hair for half an hour. Your hair will become shiny, strong and healthy.
7. Take 3tsp milk and add 1tsp glycerin into it. Apply it on your face and keep it over night. Wash it off in morning and have a clean and moisturized skin. You can apply this on your hands and feet as well.
8Take water and glycerin in the ratio of 10:1 and apply it on your skin and hand before going to the bed for soft skin
9 You can keep glycerin by your wash basin and use it whenever you wash your hand to keep your hand soft and moisturized all day long. Just mix it with little water and apply it on your hand as a hand moisturizing lotion. Mix glycerin according to the requirement.
10. Most herbal product based companiesâ€™ claims to use glycerin soap but the reality is quite different most of the time. You can make your own liquid soap at home easily from your left over soaps. All you have to do is collect all the thin little pieces of left over soap which you generally throw away .Crush these pieces. Put some warm water into these pieces and 2tsp -3tsp of glycerin into it according to your skin requirement. Pour the solution into a bottle and have a liquid soap without much of an effort.You can add your favorite essential oil into it if you want.
Here is a video where I am sharing an amazing lotion which has glycerin in it
Please subscribe to my channel here