This flower has lot many uses which many people are unaware off. You will not find much of herbal remedies with this flower on net. But the fact is the flower was given quite a predominant place in our Ayurveda. Flower is been used in preparation for hair care. The flowers themselves are edible and are used in salads in the Pacific Islands. The flowers are used to shine shoes in parts of India. It is also used for the worship of Devi and especially the red variety takes an important part in tantra.
It has several names in different languages, Bengali: à¦œà¦¬à¦¾ (Jaba), Sembaruthi-Tamil, Hindi: à¤—à¥à¤¡à¤¼à¤¹à¤², Chemparathy in Malayalam, Wada Mal in Sinhala, and Mamdaram in Telugu. Flowers are called “kembang sepatu”, which literally means “shoe flower”
Below here are some of the uses of Hibiscus flower for your hair:-
1. Take few petals of the flower and make paste of these petals with the help of a mixer grinder. Whip one egg and add it into the paste.Now apply this paste in your hair for 20 minutes. Wash off with cold water. All dry and damaged hair will become soft and silky .This pack is most suitable for those women who frequently perm or color their hair. This flower has Alpha hydro acid which completely removes dandruff and split ends problem. It moisturized hair to a good extent. For best result use this pack once a week for a month.
2. Keep Left over boiled rice water for a night and add flower juice in it. Apply this water in your hair and keep it for 20 minutes. Split ends problem will be removed by this and your hair will get nutrition too.
3. Take 10 petals of the flower and boil them in 200ml of coconut oil. When you boil the oil it will completely turn red. Let it get cool and store it in a bottle. Massage your hair with this oil .This oil will solve your hair fall problem .Your hair wonâ€™t get gray and will grow long fast.
4.If you like to apply mehandi in your hair then add the hibiscus petals paste into it .Apply it for an hour .This will give good color to your hair and will provide nutritionâ€™s as well. Hibiscus petals natural ingredients stimulates circulation and makes the root of the hair strong.
5. Soak fenugreek overnight and make a paste of it with hibiscus petals. Apply this paste in your hair for 20 minutes and wash your hair with cold water. You will not require to shampoo your hair if you use this pack. You can store hibiscus petals paste in fridge for a week and use above remedy for strong, dandruff free, soft hair.
6. Burn hibiscus petals and apply the left over residue on your brows to make them shiny .It gives them a natural shiny black color.
7.If you are in a profession which demands going out in the sun then this remedy is must for you. Make paste of hibiscus petals and mix aloe vera gel into it. Apply this paste in your hair for 20 minutes and shampoo your hair. This remedy completely relaxes and smooth ens your hair.
8. Take a wide mouth bottle and add linseed oil into it. Put 50 petals of hibiscus into it. Wrap it with a thin white cloth and place it in sunlight for 10 days. Stir the oil once morning and evening. Filter the shoe flower out from linseed oil and mix coconut oil of equal quantity. This should be applied everyday on the scalp to prevent hair fall.
You can mix 4-5 petals paste of this flower in buttermilk and drink it in summers. It gives strength to your heat. Also, by chewing some hibiscus petals and drinking a glass of water over it cures ulcers. Also white discharge or leucorrhea can be treated this way.