Homemade skin cleanser, toner and moisturizer
With the wedding season round the corner, have you been wondering on how to take your look to the next level altogether? No doubt the cosmetic industry is buzzing with beauty products. But why spend unnecessarily when you can easily rustle up moisturizers, cleansers and toners at home without spending money. Have you been scouring your grandma’s homemade natural methods to choose the best homemade remedy to get that flawless gleaming skin? Fret no more, now you can still have a flawless glowing skin without even spending a fortune on it.
If you look at old pics of Ashwarya Rai Bachchan,Karisma Kapur or Shilpa Shetty then you will be surprised how have these women transformed themselves now. It’s not that every women is born beautiful. God gives beauty to every one either in form of good skin, eyes, nose, hair etc. Its only that we have to discover it through our constant effort. There are several home remedies that can help you achieve a flawless skin.
When I was in my 10th standard our school organized a session for personality development in which one beauty contest winner of 80’s came. I tried to Google her but as I don’t remember her name it was difficult for to find her now. What I remember was her talks which had lot of positivism in it.She told us that even Aishwarya has worked hard on her body ,looks,personality and its not that she was born with it. If you look at her posture she has worked on it. Since that day I understood the importance of confidence, posture, beauty care etc.
Coming back to our topic,what I was trying to put across was that if you want your skin to stay looking clear, young and healthy then you will need a face care routine that targets all aspects of skin care. Cleansing, toning and Moisturizing are the three basic steps of skin care and every one should follow these steps twice in a day without fail for that gorgeous looking skin.
How can you work at getting a beauty which is not visible to the eyes but is skin deep?
Cleansing is a process that helps you remove any dirt, oil, bacteria and makeup from your skin. Having a clean face is vital for clear skin. This can be simply achieved by washing your face at regular intervals, twice a day to wash away the surface grime but we also need to slough dead skin cells! Its vital to exfoliate your skin once a week as cleansing buffs away dead cells on your face and enhances the look and feel of your face by nourishing the skin and giving it a smoother, brighter feel. Just like a cleanser, make sure to find a scrub that’s suitable for your skin type.
Cleansing and toning go hand in hand and one cannot be done without the other. It is highly essential process to be performed by women with oily skin. Why is it important? When you tone the skin while taking a bath everyday toning will help absorb the excess oil from the skin and also remove dirt from the face, leaving it sparkling clean and acne free! You close pores which generally opens up after cleaning and it removes anything that your cleanser did.It restores the PH level of your skin and it prepares your skin to receive the moisturizer.
Moisturizing helps to seal in your skins natural oils and it acts as a barrier between your skin and the environment. You should take 1 minute gap so that toner can penetrate into your skin and then apply moisturizer. The cosmetic market is buzzing loud with cleansing, moisturizing products. It is often difficult to choose a product for yourself. However, what better than a moisturizer that is homemade and herbal and has long lasting results too.
Homemade cleansers that are affordable and works wonders on your skin
1. Take equal quantity of chane ki dal(dried, split chickpeas or garbanzo beans) and moong dal(green gram or split beans) and grind them .Store it in air tight container .Whenever you want to use cleanser just add equal quantity of milk and gulab jal (rose essence) into it and apply it on your face .Keep it for 2 minutes and massage it in circular motion. Rinse it off with water.
2. Take 1tsp honey, 1/2tsp chandan powder, ½ tsp khas khas powder (poppy seeds) and mix all ingredients together. Apply it on your face and neck for 2 minutes and massage it in circular motion. Rinse it off with water. This will remove all dead skin from your face and will make your skin soft too.
3. Egg do not have health benefits alone. The egg yolk is good for the skin too and contains natural cleansing properties. Egg white is beneficial to give your skin the needed toning. You should apply the whole egg or just yolk to cleanse your face.
Add glow to your skin with papaya
4. Want to add glow to your skin? Try out papaya as it is known to add glow to your skin and cleanse thoroughly. It hydrates your skin and removes every particle of dirt from your face. You should surely try this out for an instant fresh look.
5. Make use of honey and lemon, a combo that will work wonders on your skin as a natural hydrant. This combo effectively removes the dust from your face, and provides your face glow and shine you always longed for.
1. Take rose essence (gulab jal) bottle and add kapur(the one which we use in puja) and store it in the fridge. Apply it after cleaning your face.
2. You can directly apply aloe vera extract .It is a great toner and a moisturizer. Apply it for 20 minutes and wash it off with water.
Cucumber and honey to tone you skin
3. Take cucumber juice(grind cucumber pieces and filter the juice with a sieve),add 1tsp honey, store it in a bottle and place it in the fridge. Apply it for 20 minutes on your face and wash it off with water. You can store this lotion for 5- 6 days.
4. Take a few strands of mint leaves. Boil mint leaves in hot water. Allow the solution to cool down and then take a cotton swab and wipe your face using the solution.
5. For that peachy look, Take two peel free peaches . Mash them well and mix olive oil or almond oil to the mashed peach paste. Add one spoon of cream to this and mix well. The mix is ready to be applied on the face, keep it on for a 20 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water. So you are now ready with a clear and fresh skin that is an add on to your vibrant beauty.
Give you skin the needed moisture for that vibrant looking skin
All skin type needs moisturizer. To bring back the lost moisturizer from your face you can use below remedy .
1.Take 1 mashed banana , add 1tsp honey and 2 tbsp sour cream(mix 2 tsp of butter milk(chaaj) in cream/malai)and apply it on your face for 20 minutes. Wash it off with water.If you have acne problem then avoid this moisturizer.
2. Take 1 cup rose petals, 1 cup rose essence(gulab jal) and boil them. Filter it with a sieve and add aloe vera juice in it. Let it get cool, store it in a bottle and place it in the fridge.When ever you apply this moisturizer you will feel fresh and your skin will get rejuvenated slowly. This mix serves best to people who have oily skin.
3. Take a bowl of 8-10 mashed strawberries. Add 1 spoon of lemon juice ,half a cup of curd or cream to it. Leave this mix to cool in the fridge for half an hour. Apply this mix on your face and neck; leave it on for 20 minutes. Gently scrub of the mask. Your skin will experience an instant burst of moisture.
Get a smooth skin , apply yoghurt
4. Prepare a beauty mix by adding one cup of yoghurt, a spoon of orange juice and lemon juice. Mix them well and apply on your face. Later rinse the application with lukewarm water. This recipe serves best for people who have normal skin.
5. Take a few walnuts, remove their seeds and grind them well. Mix them with half a teaspoon of curd or cream and apply this on the skin. leave it to dry for 20 minutes. Rinse it off with luke water. This natural homemade moisturizer will allow your skin to breathe fresh and give a new lease of life to your skin and rejuvenate it instantly.
So, what are you waiting for? Get ready to dazzle the crowd with a beauty that is skin deep and glows from within.Go ahead and flaunt your skin that is smooth and spotless. Get your gang of girls jealous and let them ask you reasons for being such a charming beauty.
Hope you love this post that allows you to try out homemade herbal methods to cleanse, tone and moisturize you skin. Waiting to hear, what worked best for you!!
Check this video of a homemade cleanser ..Its pretty simple too :0