This one is little different raita and is quite nutritious too. Best part is you donâ€™t even come to know that you are having all these vegetables while eating .I keep changing the ingredients depending upon the availability at home.
This raita is different from other raitaâ€™s as there is little bit of cooking involved.This little cooking only makes it delicious.
Ingredients (Serves 3-)
2 onions chopped
3-4 spinach leaves chopped
1 green capsicum chopped
1tbsp oil (any)
1 cup curd
1 tsp Black pepper( crushed or powdered)
Rock salt (sainda namak) according to taste
Roasted cumin seeds (roast cumin seeds in a pan without oil and grind them or just crush them with a heavy thing)
Salt according to taste
1. Heat oil in a pan ,add cumin seeds in it when hot.
2. Add chopped onion and kakri and sautÃ© it.
3. Switch off the gas when both gets cooked and let it cool.
4. Now take chopped capsicum, spinach leaves and coriander leaves and wash them nicely. Add all the ingredients (including cooked kakri and onion) in a grinder. Make a thin paste of these ingredients.(Don’t add water into it while grinding it up )
5. Now take curd and beat it nicely. If it is little thick then you can add water into it. Add the paste in it. Add both salts and black pepper and place it in the fridge for 1 hour .
Your nutritious raita is ready to be served. My curd turned out quite light in consistency so I added chopped cucumber into it to make it thick. You can also do that.
If you donâ€™t prefer cucumber pieces then you can grate it too.
1. If you want to enhance the taste of raita then you can add mint powder in it. Dry mint under the sun and grind it in a mixer. You can store it and use whenever required. Taste good in dal as well.
2. You can store roasted cumin seeds powder too and use it in salad. It is quite good to use it in summers in butter milk, salad and curd.
3. Some people prefer adding some sugar also into the raita. You can add it in above recipe if you want.