How to prevent hair fall and add volume to hair with fenugreek seeds(methi)Herbal remedy

Fenugreek(methi) seeds are extremely effective and powerful seeds which fights with hair fall, baldness and hair thinning. Fenugreek seeds replenish hair growth and are a good source of nicotinic acid and protein. Many scientists have confirmed that fenugreek contains a large amount of lecithin which is a natural emollient and give power to hair and make them healthy and strong. It also moisturizes hair.
Below here are few fenugreek hair packs  which promotes hair growth ,make them lustrous ,healthy and shiny.The name “fenugreek” or foenum-graecum is from Latin for “Greek hay”. The Gujarati name is Methi (मेथी) or Methya (मेथ्या). The Kannada name is “menthya” (ಮೆಂತ್ಯ). The Tamil name for it is “Vendayam” (வெந்தயம்). The Telugu name for it is “Menti” (మెంతి). The Malayalam name is “Uluva” (ഉലുവ).In Sinhala it is called Uluhaal . In Marathi, Oriya, Bangla, Punjabi, Urdu and HindiMethi (मेथी) (Bangla: মেথী ),(Urdu: میتھی). In Persian it is Shanbalîleh (شنبليله), and in Arabic its name is Hilbeh (حلبة). The Malay language borrows the term halba from Arabic. The plant’s similarity to wild clover has likely spawned its Swedish name, “bockhornsklöver”

1. Soak a tea spoon of fenugreek seeds (methi daana) in a glass of  boiled water every night. Filter the water with the help of a sieve and drink it empty stomach every morning. Drinking this water every day helps in reducing hair loss.

2. You can make a herbal and organic hair growth tonic with fenugreek seeds. Boil fenugreek seeds and allow them to soak in pure coconut oil overnight. Filter the oil with the help of a sieve and massage this oil mixture to your scalp for 10-15 minutes. Applying this oil thrice in a week will  make your hair shiny and thick and will help in reducing hair fall too.

3. You can use the left over soaked fenugreek seeds as an alternative of shampoo. Make a paste of cooked black bean and fenugreek (methi) seeds. Apply it on your hair two or three times a week. This will reduce hair fall and will add volume to your hair.

4. You can make a hair mask to condition your hair with fenugreek seeds. For this take a half cup of dried fenugreek seeds in a bowl and add 2 cups of water in it. Soak them overnight and strain the water .You can drink this water as it helps in reducing hair fall. In the morning strain the water and put the seeds in a blender. Add little water as the seeds are already soaked and make a thick paste of it. Apply this paste on your hair and wrap your hair .This mask is little messy but is worth an effort.Leave it for 30 minutes and rinse it as usual. You don’t need a conditioner after washing your hair with it.

Ayurveda have shown us so many fenugreek seeds benefits.If you want to get rid of constipation or are suffering from Insomnia or any other disease click here to know the remedies with the help of fenugreek seeds.
Further readings

Exfoliate,moisturize and improve skin complexion with apple face packs
Herbal teeth whitening methods to get rid of yellow,stained and disclored teeth

Comments

In looking for sites associated to Internet internet hosting and specifically comparison internet hosting linux plan Internet,

your internet site came up.

You really are a incredibly wise Individual!

2. Karen says

My hair has been coming out big time when I wash it. I used aloe on my hair back in March & my hair hasn’t recovered. I’m praying that fenugreek helps me out.

3. Chandu says

could u pl clarify on point 2, do we need to boil the seeds separately in water and then soak in coconut oil overnight

4. Tasmia says

Can I use egg nd yogurt nd banana with fenugreek seeds??how many time I have apply this mask a week???

• Tabitha says

Fenugreek in large doses DOES indeed cause migraines. I was taking 6 capsules everyday (3660 mg) for breast milk supply and WHOA!!! My head felt like it was going to blow up and explode. It took 3 days for it to go away. I stopped taking fenugreek and never had the problem again. It even made my urine smell like pancakes lol. It made my hair really shiny and silky though…

5. pooja says

im having a hair fall prob for almost 10 years. the volume of my hair is very less. i had try many ways 2 overcome it but all doesnt seems to work. i really dont know wat else 2 do. Plz help me.

6. Shas says

hi guys, as far as fenugreek is considered, it is true, its an awesome hair care herb…i had heard about its effects on hair so just like that i bought a local methi powder pack n decided to give it a shot.my hair used to be good but of late it started falling out due to multiple reasons for many years altogether.and i used many things but then in the end all were ineffective.even this time i didnt have much hope.plus the application was such a pain.nonetheless i applied its paste on my scalp and full hair, covered it with my shower cap and l it remain for an hour.after that i rinsed it out with warm water and followed it up with regular shampoo.when my hair dried it felt so voluminous, soft and lustrous! not that it instantly grew hair but it gave so much of body to it n i cudnt stop stroking it and moving my head…i loved the result n m surely gonna repeat it.

Nettle is one of the best herbs to use for hair growth and maintenance. I’ve been using nettle, rosemary, lavender, horsetail and a bunch of other herbs on my hair since childhood – my grandmother used to take me with her to pick it on fields in the back of her house. I use those herbs and others like fenugreek and Fo-Ti all the time in different spritz recipes and hair preparations. I have no chemicals in my hair and its completely natural, healthy, strong and with a great sheen. That is what I would recommend in combination instead of just the fenugreek.

8. Ishani says

Hi All,

I have heard that drinking Fenugreek (Methi) soaked water in the morning makes you fat. Is that true?
    Request you all to please throw some light on this.

Regards,
    Ishani

9. Hope says

Hiya, fenugreek doesn’t make u fat, in fact, it’s good to drink on an empty stomach as it tames the appetite. I speak from experience. Also I got 1 inch of hair in a month. I have chemical damage however that’s almost behind me due fenugreek. Smile

10. pav says

Sir,’m 21 years old..i had very good hairs bt frm last 7-8 months I’ve encountered sudden massive hairfall.nt able to understand reason behind it.I’m very afraid tat I’ll go bald plz help me..wether methi ‘ll help o nt??

11. Susan says

Be careful while taking fenugreek internally. It is used in local medicine to control blood sugar and too much can cause hypoglycemia in ordinary people also. That is why you get a migrain. Natural remedies taken internally in excess can be dangerous. Needs a real trained Ayurvedic or Traditional medical practitioner to prescribe the dose. One teaspoon may be OK perhaps.

My niece who was taking fenugreek for lactation fainted due to hypoglycemia which is low blood sugar and can be dangerous

12. Crazy says

Hmm dis site is so informative along with all useful comments..even i’ve been losing hair hope fenugreek work…thnk u all Grin

Hi Anamika

Always looking to find helpful articles on natural ingredients to use, that will be beneficial for my hair. Particularly appreciate how you listed out ways and means to fully utilize the Fenugreek(methi) seeds.
    I will try this “potion” out as soon as I can.
    Many thanks
    Roberta

14. Angel says

I’m taking fenugreek seeds (one table spoon full) in empty stomach along with water in the morning.

It is giving good results really.

Other ways of using it also i came to know thro’ this. Thank u very much. Tap Dance

15. shruthi says

Big Smile thank you for the solution Handshake ,, i ll start using Fenugreek seeds from now onwards.. i have been experiencing this hair fall from many months and i am finding more than 100 hair a day falling from my scalp. hope it works.. will let you know the result. Big Smile

16. raksha says

hi i m 30y old i had thick long hair but due to pregnancy in last5y i lost 90% of allmy hai almost towards badness no doctor recomded any medicine tried many remedies but dint work can u please suggest somethng beneficial

17. Vandana says

Can i use this fenugreek paste on my hair everyday for a month to see the results..?? I have thin hair and am loosing that too due to eating habits may be…kindly reply since i want to start at the earliest…!