How To Prevent Hair Fall & Add Volume To Hair With Fenugreek Seeds (Methi) Herbal Remedy
Hair Fall is surely one of the most common concerns which bother men and women equally. The level of excessive hair fall has been increasingly progressing and it is really alarming to see the amount of hair in the comb each day!
Hair fall is more of a lifestyle generated concern rather than a disease and the lack of proper nutrition and increasing stress in the lives of individuals is one of the main reason behind it!
Well, Nature has endowed us with so many beneficial herbs and nutrients which are simply great to take care of the skin and hair naturally!
One such ingredient we are talking about today is Fenugreek and how it is so helpful for promoting hair growth and also a tried and tested a remedy for lush voluminous hair!
The name “fenugreek” or forum-grade cum is from Latin for “Greek hay”. The Gujarati name is Methi (à¤®à¥‡à¤¥à¥€) or Methyl (à¤®à¥‡à¤¥à¥à¤¯à¤¾). The Kannada name is “methyl” (à²®à³†à²‚à²¤à³à²¯). The Tamil name for it is “Vendayam” (à®µà¯†à®¨à¯à®¤à®¯à®®à¯). The Telugu name for it is “Menti” (à°®à±†à°‚à°¤à°¿). The Malayalam name is “Uluva” (à´‰à´²àµà´µ).In Sinhala it is called Uluhaal . In Marathi, Oriya, Bangla, Punjabi, Urdu and HindiMethi (à¤®à¥‡à¤¥à¥€) (Bangla: à¦®à§‡à¦¥à§€ ),(Urdu: Ù…ÛŒØªÚ¾ÛŒ). In Persian it is ShanbalÃ®leh (Ø´Ù†Ø¨Ù„ÙŠÙ„Ù‡), and in Arabic, its name is Hilbeh (ØÙ„Ø¨Ø©). The Malay language borrows the term halba from Arabic. The plant’s similarity to wild clover has likely spawned its Swedish name, “bockhornsklÃ¶ver”
Commonly known as methi in India and also Greek Hay in English, Fenugreek belongs to the family Fabaceae and is cultivated worldwide as a semi-arid crop. The leaves and seeds of Fenugreek are used as herbs and spice.
Fenugreek contains protein, vitamin c, niacin, potassium, fibre, calcium, phosphorous, carotene, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, alkaloid trigonelline, choline, essential oil, saponin, fixed and volatile oil, mucilage, bitter extractive and a yellow colouring substance.
Fenugreek(methi) seeds are extremely effective and powerful seeds which fight with hair fall, baldness and hair thinning. Fenugreek seeds replenish hair growth. Many scientists have confirmed that fenugreek contains a large amount of lecithin which is a natural emollient and give power to hair and make them healthy and strong. It also moisturises hair.
Fenugreek seed consumption has various other benefits for the overall health in diseases like Diabetes.
Benefits of Fenugreek Seeds-
- The seeds of Fenugreek are extremely potent and thus have a medicinal effect to reduce balding, hair fall, and hair thinning.
- A natural emollient lecithin, known to strengthen and moisturise hair, is present in abundance.
- Similarly, high content of protein in Fenugreek explains its restorative ability on damaged and falling hair.
- Flavonoids are known to improve the supply of blood to all parts of the body, including the scalp. Fenugreek, therefore, is thought to work by increasing the dilation of blood vessels to the scalp, thereby improving blood circulation and nutrient supply to this area.
Fenugreek Seed Hair Paks
Below here are few fenugreek hair packs which promotes hair growth, make them lustrous, of boiledhealthy and shiny.
1. Soak a tea spoon of fenugreek seeds (methi daana) iof boiledwater every night. Filter the water with the help of a sieve and drink it empty stomach every morning. Drinking this water every day helps in reducing hair loss.
2. You can make a herbal and organic hair growth tonic with fenugreek seeds. Boil fenugreek seeds and allow them to soak in pure coconut oil overnight. Filter the oil with the help of a sieve and massage this oil mixture to your scalp for 10-15 minutes. Applying this oil thrice in a week will make your hair shiny and thick and will help in reducing hair fall too.
3. You can use the left over soaked fenugreek seeds as an alternative of shampoo. Make a paste of cooked black bean and fenugreek (methi) seeds. Apply it on your hair two or three times a week. This will reduce hair fall and will add volume to your hair.
4. You can make a hair mask to condition your hair with fenugreek seeds. For this take a half cup of dried fenugreek seeds in a bowl and add 2 cups of water in it. Soak them overnight and strain the water .You can drink this water as it helps in reducing hair fall. In the morning strain the water and put the seeds in a blender. Add little water as the seeds are already soaked and make a thick paste of it. Apply this paste on your hair and wrap your hair .This mask is little messy but is worth an effort.Leave it for 30 minutes and rinse it as usual. You donâ€™t need a conditioner after washing your hair with it.
5. Not only the seeds but fenugreek leaves can also be used in a paste form to apply on the hair and give the required conditioning effect and it provides all the essential nutrition to the scalp promoting hair growth and also improves the hair texture considerably!
6. Alternately, you can also include fenugreek seed powder in your go to hair packs to enrich the hair pack and also maximize the effects of using the DIY hair packs!
Fenugreek improves the scalp nourishment and it improves blood flow which in turn promote the rate of hair regeneration more quickly and you can have lush voluminous hair if you constantly use a fenugreek hair pack regularly on a weekly basis!
A lot of herbal hair care products include fenugreek as active ingredient and now when the excessive hair fall problem has triggered people’s faith in the herbal hair remedies much more than ever and people are emphasizing more onto trying these easy and effective hair pack recipes for improved hair texture and also effective in reducing the rate of hair fall!
Ayurveda have shown us so many fenugreek seeds benefits. If you want to get rid of constipation or are suffering from Insomnia or any other disease click here to know the remedies with the help of fenugreek seeds.
WiseShe has also covered a lot of other hair fall remedies and shared several DIY hair packs to reduce hair problems and make hair healthy and shiny!
Checkout the video below for a Homemade Hair Oil To Cure Hair Fall Naturally!
Have you tried Fenugreek Seeds for reducing hair fall?
You might also like to read:-
- Corainder(Cilantro)10 natural herbal remedies
- 10ways to get rid of stretch marks
- Home Made Hair Oil For Hair Fall
- Fenugreek seeds (Methi daana) for good health
- Kitchen tip-How to store spinach/fenugreek(methi) for long
- Five Amazing Home Remedies For Dandruff
- 3 Simple Ways – How To Wash Your Body Properly
- The Body Shop Satsuma Shower Gel Review
- 5 Layered Cut Hairstyles
- NYX Butter Lip Gloss Peaches & Cream Photos & Swatch
- 10 Lipsticks Suggestions Of Aishwarya Rai
- 5 Home Remedies For Brittle Nails