Toning is considered to be one the basic and important part of our daily skin care routine. If you moisturize your skin every day then you should never skip the toner. Like all moisturizer are not meant for our skin similarly all toners are not meant for our skin too.One has to find out the right toners which will suit their skin type.
The basic aim of toner is to remove the unwanted soap residue, restore the pH balance of the skin, remove excess oil, minimize pores and help prevent acne breakouts .
*Toner improves the skin tone by increasing blood circulation and restoring the optimal pH balance and this automatically improves the skin complexion.
*Not many people know this but toner set up our make up as it helps in removing excess oil and other impurities.
*Facial toner gives you a fresh feeling and helps in minimizing pores due to the astringent components.
*As it removes impurities from the skin it kills all the bacteria and impurities which help in avoiding breakouts.
Toners are generally divided into three categories:-
1. Dry skin toners-People with dry skin are recommended skin fresheners which contains less than 10% alcohol. An alcohol free toner or toner which doesnt have salicylic acid should be preferred. Even after choosing the dry skin toner if your skin still dries out than also should not skin it.
2. Combination or all skin type-Toners which have 20% alcohol is suitable for most skin types. Combination skin toners contain AHA exfoliating agents which benefit the combination skin.
3. Oily skin-Oily skin people needs astringent which has about 60% alcohol in it .
4. Acne prone skin-For those who have severe acne problem should choose toner which have at least 2%salicylic acid as astringent solution can completely dry out the skin.
5. Sensitive skin-Those with sensitive skin should avoid toners which have artificial fragrance as it can hamper the skin.
Toners should be as natural as possible. If one use homemade toners in their daily routine then there is no comparison with expensive market product .Most of the market toners contains biodegradable ingredients which are harmful for the skin.
Do not use toners which have toxic elements such as phthalates, parabens, dioxin or VCOs as these chemicals have been proven to be harmful for our skin. They disrupt the endocrine system.
- NYX Girls Round Lip Gloss Amethyst Review & Swatches
- Lakme Absolute Face Stylist Foundation Review
- Wella System Professional Platinum Gloss Review
- Estee Lauder Vivid Shine Lipstick Poppy Love Review & Swatches
- Lakme Enrich Satins #652 Lipstick Review & Swatches
- Loccitane Citrus Verbena Daily Use Conditioner Review
- Colorful Seasons Straightener by HerStyler Review
- e.l.f. Flawless Finish Foundation Review
- The Body Shop Chocomania Body Lotion Review
- MAC Sheen Supreme Lipstick Quite The Thing! Review & Swatches