Mooli ki sabji recipe/Recipe of mooli ki sabji with pictures

Now when I know that demand of my mom cooked dishes is increasing ever day I am trying my best to learn every dish possible from her.My hubby yesterday called and said “See , didn’t I tell you there is nothing like “Sasu maa ke haath ka khaana”Grin”He has even asked  my mom to cook some Rajasthani sabji and send it with me and mom is like on seventh heaven

I am not that fond of eating reddish but I like eating this sabji.When the mooli(Radish) is boiled the taste of the radish becomes mild so it doesn’t taste that pungent to me.

Here goes the recipe:-

Ingredients:-

2 radish(mooli) (Peel the mooli and chop it leaves also.Take the tender small leaves and not the large one)
1/2 tsp cumin seeds(jeera)
1/2 tsp carom seeds(ajwain)
1/4tsp asafoteida(hing)
baking soda(a pinch of it)
Ginger and green chilli paste(2tsp)

1/4tsp turmeric powder(haldi)
2tsp coriander powder(dhania powder)
1 tsp chilli powder
1tbsp Kachari powder(this is a must)
2tbsp. of oil

Salt according to taste

Method and preparation:-

Step1-Boil the radish and the leaves in water and add some soda-bi carb in it.Boil them till they become tender which will take approximately 7-8 minutes.Filter the water with the help of a sieve and keep the mooli aside.

Step2Take a pan and add oil in it.Add cumin seeds, ajwain , asafoetida and ginger -green chilli paste and saute them for few minutes.

Step3-Add the cooked mooli and all the masalas(Turmeric powder, corainder powder, chilli powder, kachri powder and salt).

Step4-Mix well and saute for 4-5 minutes.

Mooli Ki sabji is ready to be servedSmile

A small raddish tip– Raddish serve as a great zest and color to the salad.If you slice or cut the radish into strips it works well in stir fry too.

Happy Cooking guys!!!

Other Momi Rajasthani recipes
  • Awesome (1)
  • Interesting (1)
  • Useful (1)
  • Boring (1)
  • Sucks (1)
bajre ki khichdi/ bajre ki kichdi /Millet kichdi recipe with pictures
Rajasthani Sangri/Sangar ki Sabzi with pictures

Comments

1. Renuca says

Hi Anamika, you have a wonderful blog here, was very excited to see a radhish recipe as thats one vegetable I have not been able to cook successfully (read as tastily).. I was wondering what is Kachari pwd and where can I get that?
    Also how do you make mooli in vinegar, would love to try that too..Im thinking I could use beetroot and carrot same way too?
    Thanks Smile

2. Renuca says

ok cool, will try with Amchur..thx__for the tangy mooli, will have to wait for the sun again I guess, I love vinegary stuff Grin

3. Renuca says

4. Renuca says

5. Renuca says

6. Renuca says

7. Renuca says

8. Renuca says

9. Renuca says

10. Renuca says

11. Renuca says

12. Renuca says

13. Renuca says

14. Anamika Sureka says

Which dishes u use vinegar ? I don use it much actually i don knowSmile
    My recent post Make up tips-Concealer application

15. Renuca says