By Manisha, Diwali Diwali
Most of us are attached to Diwali .This festival of sweets, fire crackers, lights and decoration gives beautiful grace to our homes.Its not only our home but on this day even the streets and markets are decorated with many lights.After cleaning your house it is the decoration of our house which is utmost important to us.Diwali decoration brings a different environment for out home. As I am fond of decoration I thought of sharing few of my simple and inexpensive diwali decoration ideas and a Diwali picture which might motivate you to get into action before it is too late
Below are Diwali decor ideas which can lighten up your mood.
Diya decoration ideas – Deepawali diyas are earthen lamps made of clay.It is filled with ghee or oil and a wick is made of cotton in the front after dipping them into the Diya.
Flour Diya Flour diyas can be made by those who are living abroad and have difficulty in buying them. To make the diya prepare dough with your regular flour(atta) and water.Make balls of the flour and give them a diya shape of your choice.Put them under sunlight for sometimes and colour them with poster or acrylic colors.Let them dry again and your decorative diyas are ready.
Decorating diyas with flowers You can decorate diyas with flowers as well. I like decorating diyas with rose petals With rose petals Diyas not only add festive look to the lamp but give that auspicious touch also.
Image source :- plantinleaf.blogspot.com
Decorative items to decorate diya You can use small glass pieces and stick them on the edges of the diya.You can use kundans, moti and small cut mirrors which are easily available in any handicraft shop.When you light the diya which is decorated with mirror it appears as if there are many diyas around.This is a very simple but an interesting diya decorating tip.
2. Floating candles – Floating candles gives nice aroma and a cool look to your home . You can place them on your dinning table , indoor garden or use as a focal point in your living room.You can make candles at home also .If you want I can let you know.It is hard work but the after result is fantastic.
Image source :- www. weddingaccessoriesboutique.com
3. Flower decoration- There is nothing better than flowers to refresh your body and mind.A bunch of united flowers in the bouquet gives the impression of being new and fresh.You can use floating candles together with flowers in your living room.
4.Deepawli Rangoli designs You can use rice flour, pulses, rose and leaves to make rangoli. Considered an important part of this spiritual process it is made to welcome the goddess of wealth and prosperity.
5.Furniture decor and interior - Even if you are not interested in buying new furniture just place your furniture differently. This will give complete new look to your home. Surf on net for Diwali pictures and you will get lot of ideas to decorating your home.
6.Diwali lights To give a different touch to your house you can add some different lightening arrangement by designing or modifying your own lights.
Few last minute simple Diwali decor ideas are:-
1.Keep a welcome board on the main door.
2.Place a nice flower vases next to the living room sofa.
3.Putting up a wind chime in the living room.
Do you have any Diwali decorations ideas to share with us?
You might like reading these also:-
- MAC Film Noir Lipstick Review & Swatches
- Maybelline Cheeky Glow Blush in Creamy Cinnamon Review
- 10 Most Effective Face Pack Recipes
- DIY – Homemade Scrub-Moisturizer from Almond and Rose
- Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick Fatal Red Review
- LANCOME Rouge In Love Lipstick 174 Crazy Tangerine Review
- 4 DIY Hair Growth Recipe Which You Must Try
- Origins Balanced Diet Lightweight Moisture Lotion Review
- Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel For Oily To Oily Skin Review
- ELF Studio Powder Brush Review
- Aroma Magic Neem & Tea Tree Face Wash Review