Remove tan – 10 best ways to remove tan

Every other day we keep trying this or that remedy to remove tanning from our skin or at least to lighten that tan. Tanning is caused due to overexposure of skin in sun, not applying proper sunscreen while stepping outside. One should apply sunscreen even if the weather is cloudy because in that weather the skin gets more tanned. Skin can lead to tanning in form of burning sensation or can darken your skin if you do not care while stepping out and then back. Tanning really looks bad when you have to wear sleeveless and your skin shows 2 shades i.e brighter and darker skin, generally the part of the body uncovered gets tanned.

How To Remove Tan

Today I am going to provide few home remedies to remove tan. Some of them I read in one of the articles in Times of India and some which I experienced are good for that tan.

Soda and  salt For Removing Tan:-

Take 2tsp of mashed papaya, 1/4tsp of soda bicarbonate, 1/4tsp of salt. Mix them into a scrub like paste. Apply it all over the exposed areas. Keep it on for 10-15 minutes and wash off with cool water. The salt will scrub away dead skin while papaya will polish the newly appeared skin.

Haldi and yoghurt For Removing Tan

Add a pinch of turmeric (haldi) to chilled yoghurt and apply to face , neck and arms daily for 30 minutes before having  a bath.

Lemon To Remove Darkness For Removing Tan:-

Take 2tsp of pounded lemon rind and mix in 2tsp basil paste, 1tsp china clay and 2tsp cold milk. Apply on the face leave on till dry and wash off. Lemon helps clean away the oil and grime.

Cucumber To Remove Tan:-

Apply half a grated cucumber with 2tsp of milk powder and a few drops of lemon juice. Keep on till dry and wash off. Milk is a natural oftener whereas cools and lightens your skin instantly.

Oats to remove tan :-

Mix 2 tsp of oatmeal in ½ cup mashed ripe papaya and 1tsp honey. Apply, scrub in slightly and wash of after 2 minutes.

Green almonds To Remove Tan :-

Take fresh green almonds, take a handful and grind them, mixing it with a few drops of sandalwood oil apply as a face mask.  It will give you fair glowing skin in no time. As these almonds are seasonal so avail full benefits of them.

Coconut water benefits  For Tan

Coconut water works magic for your skin inside out, but wait don’t throw it away just yet. Take the white fleshy part of green coconut, work it into a paste in a grinder and keep it on for 15 minutes. It has natural whitening properties and will un-tan you in a jiffy.

Summer sandal feet For Tan Removal

Darkened feet??? Add lemon juice to lukewarm water and soak feet for 20 minutes. This cools , cleans,  un-tans  and removes sweaty odors. You could also rub a lemon and wash off.

Sandalwood Powder To Remove Tan

Sandalwood works wonders at keeping your skin fair and clean. Just add 4 drops of sandalwood oil to 2tsp of sandalwood paste and use it as a face mask. To ensure that the paste of high quality, always make your own by rubbing real sandalwood on a stone slab instead of buying sandalwood powder.

Removing tan from hands

For tanned hands, take a handful of coarse sugar( large grains) mixed with lemon juice. Mix them just before use, apply on the hands and keep rubbing till the sugar dissolves and leave on for 15 minutes and rinse off.
 You might like reading these also
Wise She reader Question - All about face scrub
Face shape - What is my face shape ?

Comments

1. Anamika Sureka says

Snehhhhhhhhhhhaaa….my canadian friend..where r u nowadays and how was weekend?
    My recent post Make up tips-Concealer application

2. Anamika Sureka says

hehhe……now i need a prasad as God made me answer your prayers…Razz
    My recent post Make up tips-Concealer application

Yes! You answered my prayers…lol. I've been looking for natural ways to lighten my skin….too much tanning from the sun…hehe. I'm definitely trying some of these…thanks ^_^.

4. megha dhingra says

i have the most gorgeous hair.. as my hubby alwys compliment me
    but my face is turning bad every day
    please help me..
    so that my hubby stasts loving me more Smile

5. preethi says

hi………im preethi tan became a big problmfor plz suggest me for face hands and legs are becoming black day by day and with in few mthns afterlong time im gng to meet my bf so plz………

6. dhivya says

hey …all ur tan removal tech r superb….could u plz gv me few ideas for removing dryness and dark spots in ma face….i hav pimple kinda dark spots ….i waana getrid of it….n m basically a outdoor person by profession….

7. puja saha says

please suggest sm remedies as my skin get tanned day by day nd it gets dry and skin gives a burning sensation

8. Michele says

Try the EASY BUFF tan removal, exfoliating glove. I got one from a friend as a gift. I loved it. The glove took the old spray tan in a couple of minutes, so easy and fast. And you don’t need soap or anything else. You can buy it on amazon.com now.

9. niana says

hlo one and all i tryd all d tips dey really wrkd! try dis aswell:-

honey and milk mixed together n apply on tanned areas this is one of the best ways after u put honey and milk dont apply water use a tissue or napkin and rub it of u myt feel sticky wen u feel sticky apply moisturizer over sticky areas but make it a point not to put lot of cream!

10. Nigel says

Hi
    Ive face a solid skin darkening issue for the 3.5 years of heavy biking
    some how I worked out n have been using an umberella wen Im out in the day
    my skin has seen a major change in complexion
    but still even wen i roam with an umberella I still see
    a small tan i get
    In past ive tried sunscreens (SPF 52)
    hasnt worked
    I dont want to become White
    but I want to regain the color I used to be wen i was young………..

11. ashu says

Hello, I m a guy I hv a fetish for fairer skin but my problems is I dont nuo wats my skin type n I think I hv got tanned a little I hv tried lemon juice but it lv d skin dry n dull I feel so cn u suggst smthng for me so dat I cn get my fairnes bk n cn u pls suggst how to keep skin soft n supple without loosing its natural moisture. N hw to keep its natural moisture steady.

12. saba says

Hiii if u. don’t know ur skin type after doing face wash how does u
    feel is it will b dry then its a dry skin do u get oil on whole face r only on
    nose n fore head then its a combination skin if u feel ur whole
    face is becoming shiny if ur using a mousturiser then its a oily skin

13. mrs. sharma says

plz give more tips to remove tan from face its very ugly day by day it is increasing n it is very irritating to see the face in mirror so help