Bridal makeup with MAC or Krylon Makeup – Wise She reader question

Hi,

Can You please tell me the difference between MAC Makeup and Normal Krylon Makeup.
I’m getting married in a week and I’ve booked my Bridal makeup with Lakme Salon, Delhi.
Should i go for the normal Krylon makeup or MAC makeup? They charge Rs 2200 extra for the MAC makeup.

Chaynika taneja

You might like reading these reader questions as well

Wise She reader Question – All about face scrub
Wise she reader question :Best water temperature to wash your hair
Wise She Reader question – Lightening skin of hand and foot
Hair oil – Home made oil for hair growth

Comments

1. Mitra says

CONGRATULATIONS Chaynika ..!!!! If someone's from Hyd here you get Krylon in Kathiawar….as per the SA there Krylon is used by actors/artists…so its super long staying and has good pallete of colours…i got my first concealer and face powder from Krylon which used to give me very good coverage…..it was pretty expensive back then…(as i was still in college)

Well as for MAC..its MAC…hence the extra charge…. Smile but i dont think it should make any difference

2. Ria says

Congrats for your marriage !! ..I too got my make up done in Lakme saloon and I choose Krylon.Both are international brands and are quiet famous so you can go with any i guess. I was completely satisfied with my make up .

3. Mitra says

4. Vea says

I am a freelance makeup artist & I actually use both Mac & Krylon.
    Their both great products can’t go wrong eaither way. Mac is indeed a little more pricier, but Krylon is awesome too. So which ever u decide you can’t go wrong!
    Good luck & congratulations….. Grin

5. sangeeta khanna says

hi.i m a professional makeup artist.n i specialize in bridal makeup…krylon foundation give complete coverage (pimples,dark circles,pigmentation on skin ,scars etc .d reason being it has more percentage of pigments some of d tone go well with d indian skin.the consistency of d product is a bit heavy hence complete coverage) Mac on other hand gives smoth look but does give complete coverage.the eyeshadow range of mac is fab.mac fashion colors r to die for.u can ask her to use kryion base n rest of d make up with kryion ……..trial is another option to check d work of d makeup artist……as they do only seasonal bridal makeup unlike professional…………………

• Mrs. Preeti Gupta says

Hi. I have my son’s wedding in Jaipur on 18th and 19th of January 2013, at Trident, Jaipur. I am desperately looking for good visiting beauticians who can do both my daughter’s and my make up and hairstyling for both the days. Iif you are in Jaipur you can contact me on 99209 85952 . If not any contacts, please help because I need visiting beauticians for my other guests also.

I have also been given both the options of krylon and mac make-up by Lakme Jaipur. Kindly suggest any other parlours also close to Trident, where I can send my guests. Preeti

6. Eram says

Hello Girls!

I am getting married in Feb 2013 and wanted to get my makeup done from Lakme..They told me they have “Artists” and “Senior Artist”…can anyone please tell me what may be the difference as they charge atleast 2000 extra for a senior artist…any help asap is appreciated!! Smile

Hi everyone,
    Can some body suggest East Delhi Lakmi bridal makeup is good or not becoz i have seen some bad reviews..if yes should i take bridal make up from Vlcc as i live in East Delhi that’s near Anand Vihar and Preet Vihar…Frown

Please suggest…..help me!!!

8. new_mummy says

thank God someone asked this question. I was wondering about the same myself. I opted for MAC make-up at Lakme when i got married in 2008. This time i was given the cheaper option of Kryolan wondered whether it was worth it…. Thanx Smile

9. Neha says

hi I have my wedding in 3rd week of March in jim corbett. I am looking for a good visiting beautician for the same. Any suggestions??

10. vandana says

what is air brush make up and is it better than manual make up or krylon or mac.. whateva.. coz I have no idea about it.. as now lakme is also giving an option for air brush make up.. plz suggest.

11. Rashi says

I had done my make up 2 weeks back for my sisters engagement from lakme in delhi. Krylon was excellent!!!! I have no idea why MAC is so much more costlier. Honestly people have loved the make up. I will definitely go for this product again

12. Priyanka says

I wanted to get party make up done for few occasions. Can anyone tell me some good parlour in vaishali or Indirapuram .Thanks Smile

13. Sneha says

HI, I have my wedding next month. I have same question as one asked above…wats the difference between artist and senior artist…I dont want to screw up my wedding