Tea tree oil for acne
The famous body shop tea tree range is something which most of us have heard and experimented with.Though I tried the tea tree oil from a local brand a year back this time I thought of trying Body shop tea tree oil .I would have been much happier if I could have got tea tree gel but I didn’t find it any where .
Tea tree oil uses
Tea tree oil benefits are numerous.They help in clearing blemishes and acne.One can add some 3-4 drops of the oil in your shampoo to get rid of dandruff too.So now we know why there are so many tea tree oil shampoo, tea tree oil soaps and tea tree oil face washes around.
This is what Body shop has to say about its tea tree oil
How it works:
- Lemon tea tree and Community Trade tea tree oil from Kenya contain properties that help fight blemishes and prevent new ones from forming.
- Tamanu oil from Madagascar has a soothing effect and helps to calm irritation and redness.
Price of Body shop tea tree oil is Rs 445 for 10ml.
Available in all body shop outlet
My experience with the product :-
Body shop Tea tree oil is called as a “medicine cabinet must and claims that it clears tiny flaws of your face overnight. I too suffer from acne problem and when I have acne they are painful and big too.I have been using this product over a month now and that too every day.
I just swiped it on my pimples and blemishes with a Q- tip before going to the bed .The next morning when I got up there was a very tiny slight reduction in size of my pimples.After applying it continiously for 3-4 days And yep, I could definitely notice a reduction in size of my pimples.
What I liked about the product :-
1. It soothes my painful acne.
2. Reducess redness and irritation around the acne.
3. It doesn’t dry my skin at all.(A big plus on that )
4. It prevents acne from forming.
5. Bottle is packed that way that it can easily carried while traveling and oil wont spill at all.
6. One needs just 2- 3 drops and product spreads on whole of my face.
1. Cost of the tea tree oil is Rs 445 of 10ml of oil which I find quiet expensive if I use it in my shampoo and on my acne too.It gets finished in 20 days easily.
2. It has alcohol smell and will not suit many who have sensitive nose.(I doubt if it is pure tea tree oil because alcohol smell is too strong )
Rating – .3.5/5
Recommendation – It is certainly not an acne defence product but it is not bad either for those who suffer from 1 or 2 occasional pimples.
P.S- I heard Sameer Soni is coming back to Big Boss again (courtesy Meenu )