Back pain is one of the most common problem prevailing among women around us. My mother herself is suffering from the problem and while she was going throw the treatment I experienced few things which I would like to share here.
Whenever one is treating back pain it is important to consider what are the factors which have caused the problem.Usually there are various reasons which includes poor sitting and sleeping posture to sports related injury.
Second thing which should be kept in mind is the pain condition.I mean how serious is the pain.A small minor pain generally takes one or two weeks but a chronic back pain extends up to four weeks or so.
To avoid back pain there are few things which should be kept in mind which are as follows:-
1. Soft mattresses often fails to support our back properly which leads to a poor spine curvature.Spine positioning is very important especially when one sleeps for seven to eight hours.
If you wake up and feel aches all over the lower back then your mattress might be creating problem for you.Therefore by replacing your mattress with a firmer one you can provide right support to your back.
2. Obesity is the obvious risk factor of back pain .Those woman who have weak hips , knees or ankle muscles have higher chances of suffering from this problem.The best way to over come this problem is by either strengthening the support muscles or exercising to lose excess weight.
3. To treat back pain heat therapy is found to be one of the effective ways .It can be used both for acute and sub acute back pain and works by increasing the flow of blood to the affected area.
4. Beside heat therapy one can opt for massages too.By massaging you are allowing the muscles to relax, relieve from tension due to tightening.
5. Muscle relaxant and non-steroidal anti -inflammatory drugs are affective too in back pain.Muscle
However if one is suffering from more serious back pain problem such as lumbar disc herniation, scoliosis then surgery is recommended most of the time by the Doctor.