By Prerana Sharma,
Winters are here and skin is getting dry! I know its painful to remove socks in cold weather but its much painful to see heels cracking! Feet are the most neglected parts of the body. Cracked feet can be as a result of not taking care of them. No matter how well dressed you are, if you have cracked and dirty feet, they will decrease your beauty. there are many ingredients in your kitchen which can be used as cracked feet home remedies.
Natural Remedies for Dry and Cracked Feet
1. Ripe Banana – You will have to apply the pulp of a ripe banana on the cracked heel for about 10 to 15 minutes. Then, clean it with lukewarm water.
2. Petroleum jelly + lemon juice – My ma used to do this home remedies for dry feet. For this, you will have to mix petroleum jelly with lemon juice. Rub this mixture where you notice dryness. This mixture is easily absorbed in the dry areas. Better if u apply this mixture at night and cover your feet with socks.
3. Glycerin + Rose water come on, I donâ€™t need to explain this! Majority of girls use this mixture in winters. Glycerin has an ability to make super dry skin moisturized.
4. Soak in lemon juice + water: You may choose to soak your feet in water and lemon juice. Use this remedy only once a week, till you see results of the same. Application of coconut oil to the cracked heel is also one of the treatment for cracked heels.
5. Paraffin wax and coconut oil: Melt the wax and mix it with coconut oil and fill this mixture in the cracks on your feet before going to bed. Cover your feet and sleep. In the morning, wash it off with warm water. You will see the results in 10 to 15 days.
In a tub, take some warm water and add soda bicarb (baking soda) in it. Soak your feet in this mixture for 15 to 20 minutes. If the need be, scrub your feet with pumice stone. Do this remedy for 4 or 5 days to see the results for yourself. Exfoliation of the dead skin is very helpful in treating dry and cracked feet. Daily exfoliation helps in keeping the skin on the topmost layer healthy.
Everyone should clean their feet at night irrespective of they have cracked heels or not. This helps in â€˜preventingâ€™ cracked feet, as the dust particles are removed due to this cleaning. Before going to bed, moisturize your feet by applying a thick layer of moisturizing cream or lotion. Make sure you do not expose your feet to dirt, grime, wind and sunlight. They are the biggest enemies of the feet. Walking barefoot is a strict ‘no no’. pedicure once a month will make your feet happy-happy.