By Prerana, Lakme Liquid Foundation – Lakme Nine To Five Flawless Makeup Foundation Review
I bought Lakme nine to five flawless foundation 7 months back at the time of my brother-in-lawâ€™s marriage and the shade I got is Pearl. I have been using Lakme Radiance Compact in shade-Marble so I kept telling the Lakme SA that pearl isnâ€™t the right shade for me but she said that it isâ€¦.. And since my hubby was like â€œwhy are you creating a sceneâ€ I decided not to argue with her! (I believed her because I was using Touch and Glow fairness cream since 5 months n I thought, may be really I have became fair!!)
Now I realize this shade does not match my skin tone (it is 1 shade lighter).
When I used it for the first time I wasnâ€™t happy with it. It hided out my natural golden color and made me little whitish.
(though I wish that I should have tried Marble coz it is close to my skin tone)
.Price of Lakme Nine To Five Flawless Makeup Foundation is – Rs 395/-
Available 4 Shades – Pearl (For Fair Complexion) , Marble ( For Fair to Wheatish Complexion), Shell ( For Wheatish Complexion), Coral (For Wheatish to Dusky Complexion)
What does Lakme Nine to Five Flawless Foundation claims –
A high performance foundation that keeps you looking flawless through the day. The long-lasting finish formula does not smudge or streak. It leaves skin feeling comfortable and supple for hours.
My Experience with this Foundation –
First when I tried to blend it using my fingers, it gave a bad finish. I was thinking that I had wasted my money! But when I tried blending it with a sponge it blended flawlessly.
How to apply – The technique which I use is I dot it on my face, and then blend very properly in a downward direction from hairline to neckline with a moist sponge. On the neck, I use the same technique, but little faster in blending.
I have blended the makeup above the wrist deliberately so that you can see the difference before and after appluing this foundationâ€¦
1. It does not streak or smudge.
2. It is long lasting and waterproof. I wore it in the morning during my brother-in-lawâ€™s
haldi ceremony, my base makeup stayed on me till evening. All I had to do was add
some blush and highlighter on my face to up do my look in the evening.
3. Gives a heavy coverage and can work great as a concealer as well.
4. Is buildable. You can control the coverage from high to medium.
5. Does not dry my skin. The original glow comes after 15min of applying it.
6. Is best for people who have oily or combination skin.
7. Gives a matte finish on face.
8. Comes with a pump, so non messy and hygienic.
9. Travel friendly.
1. The foundation might look cakey, if you donâ€™t blend it properly and apply the
foundation in a hurry, or apply with fingers.
2. Proper moisturization is required before applying this, I saw dry patches around my
nose after its application.
3. If you are looking for a dewy finish, this foundation is not for you.
4. No SPF.
5. Unlike MAC and Revlon, it has only 4 shades, so there are chances you may not find
the shade which will match your skin tone perfectly.
Will I repurchase Lakme Nine to Five Flawless Makeup –
Honestly, I am not dissatisfied with the product. But only thing which bothers me is the shade! My skin tone is somewhere between marble and pearl. Pearl shade is too light for me, marble is 1 shade darker to my natural skin color. I apply this pearl shade on my legs and arms to hide any scar or spots n Iâ€™m happy with it.. When I apply it on face it gives a slight white effect coz it is not my shade, but the whiteness is not too much so Iâ€™m ok with it. Otherwise in general it is a wonderful foundation and if u are looking for a foundation which gives heavy coverage this it is for you..
Have you tried Lakme 9to5 flawless makeup? How was your experience?