Lush Rock Star Soap-
I will be reviewing a soap from Lush Handmade cosmetics today. This soap is known as Rock Star.
About Lush Rock Star Soap:-
Lush describes about this soap that there isn’t any rock metal or hard rock kind of thing with this soap; instead this is a vanilla scented bubblegum soap which is enriched with real vanilla extracted from the pods (vanilla beans) over a span of 3-4 months. There are several star shaped soaps embedded inside the big slabs of soap from which you get your desired amount of soap. So if you are lucky enough, you will end up with a star shaped candy like soap in your hands.
- Price-Rs 486 for 100g
- Shelf Life–18 months from date of packaging
- Natural ingredients-Water, Rapeseed oil, Coconut oil, Titanium dioxide, Fair trade vanilla, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride.
- Safe Synthetics-Propylene Glycol, SLS, Sodium stearate, Sodium Hydroxide, Perfume, EDTA, Tetrasodium etidronate, Methyl Ionone, Color 17200, Color 14700, Color 45410
- Directions to use-It can be used directly on all parts of the body. It is equally functional for both bathing and showering as it gives a heavy amount of lather that it is ideal for both.
- Packaging-It comes in a traditional Lush packaging of plastic tissue paper wrapping sealed properly.
- Product Color & Texture–This soap looks absolutely like a big bar of bubblegum or candy and you may also feel like having a bite because it smells really of candies, with the vanilla fragrance.This soap is smooth textured and as mentioned earlier looks like a big candy bar.
My experience with Lush Rock Star Soap-
This soap is really very sweet smelling and gives your washroom an inbuilt freshener effect, after your bath is over…J
I like to light vanilla candles sometimes just to treat my senses with some fragrance but after I purchased this soap, all I have to do is to get a hold of it and take a bath and I find all my senses thanking me for it.
This soap lathers very well, gives a creamy candy wash to your skin and a dominant fragrance of vanilla which is something everybody would love. However, this soap lacks a little when the moisturizing part is concerned as it is not very mush hydrating for the skin and tends to dry the skin to some extent. Well, that can be sorted by using a good moisturizer on the skin.
Also the sweet and vanilla fragrance doesn’t stays for a long time after bathing and gradually fades away easily in 1-2 hours. For such a pricey soap, we certainly expect that it smells real good for at least 3-4 hours after bathing.
The handmade soaps from lush are creamier than normal handmade soaps which is the main reason they get used up very quickly, say 9-10 good whole body bathing and the soap is finished off…
This is a real good product from Lush and I was very happy to lay my hands upon it…
What I like about Lush Rock Star Soap:-
- Mixed candy & vanilla fragrance
- Lathers very well
- Consists of safe synthetics
- Moisturizing for normal to combination skin types
What I don’t like about Lush Rock Star Soap:-
- The fragrance doesn’t stays for long…
Other than this I don’t have any dislikes for this gorgeous soap…
Would I repurchase/recommend?-
Yes absolutely, it is such a sweet luxury. But I also want to try their other soaps so maybe I’ll skip it for some time.
I recommend it to those who love vanilla/ candy fragrance and are a fan of Lush products.
Have you tried Lush Rock Star Soap?
P.S – We lost the real images of the product during the blogger and wordpress transit so please bare with that.
You might like reading these also:-
- Berina Hair Heat Protector Review
- How To Make Makeup Finishing Spray – DIY
- Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick in 13 Rouge Jet Set Review, Swatches & FOTD
- Beauty Benefits Of Hibiscus Flower
- Parachute Advansed Body Lotion Butter Smooth Review
- Wise She Know The Blogger Series : Meet Vipra
- 6 Face Primer Reviews
- Forest Essentials Roop Nikhar Gulab Ubtan Review
- Kryolan Perfect Matt Primer Review