By Prerana Sharma,
Winters are somehow more comfortable than summers, isnâ€™t it? But this comfort may cost you. How? Winters can pile you up with extra kilos! And all this coz of the extra tea and coffee you sip every now n then u munch all day long whole winters!
You know, every one can not hire a personal trainer, right? So to maintain a particular body weight it is Imp to check your daily calorie intake. Below is the reasons girls gain weight during winters:-
1. Eating more –
You must have read in biology that high temperature denatures digestive enzymes which lead to slow digestion in summers, so in winters foods gets digested easily and we feel hungry more often, as a result we munch more every now n then and gain extra kilos! We also become lazy to go out for walk due to chilling whether.
These are some foods (with their calorie) which are winter favorite of many..
Tea 1cup 80cal
Potatoes 100gm 97cal
Gajar ka halwa 100g 1350 cal ouchâ€¦
Chikki (peanut) 100g 450cal
Mooli ka paraths 1medium paratha 280cal
Beer 1can 153cal
Pista 100gm 626cal
A hand ful of pistachios and 4-6cups of tea alone can give more than 1000cal, plus you will be taking daiy meal, then who will gain weight, you or your neighbour!!??
So lets chalk out a plan for winters specially so that we can exercise well and keep a track on our weight.
- Keep a exercise machine in your bedroom if you hate to go out for jogging, their starting range is 8000/- and some show rooms even gives discounts too in special season.
- If you love chikkis then opt for chana chikki instead of peanut chikki.
- You have to choose any one from these two aalo paratha and your dream to wear that gorgeous little black dress! If u have choosed LBD then replace the parathas coming out of a ghee bath, with bran parathas.
- Maida(all purpose flour) is one more culprit in weight gain, many few of us know. So try to avoid flour (maida) and have clear vegetable soup or knorr chicken soup when ever you feel like to eat something.
- Pista (pistachio) and kaju (cashew) are high in fats, avoid them or at least lower their intake and have more almondsâ€¦
- Replace potatoes by mushrooms and beans.
- If u feel like munching every now and then then start munching pop corn, they are healthy and act2 pop corn costs 10/- only!
- You can also munch high fiber fruits like guava and pomegranate in winters.
- Instead of masala chai (Tea) switch over to green tea which has anti-oxidant properties and is healthy.
Do you follow all these tips in winters? How do you check your weight in winters?
You might like reading these also:-