By Meenu (Oriflame consultant , Gurgaon)
2-3 weeks back, I was preparing the list for ordering online on oriflame, when I asked my mom if she want anything and she asked me if any face (compact) powder is available. I checked the catalogue and saw a new compact powder launched in February with the name of â€œPure color Perfect Pressed Powderâ€. It was on introductory discount this month so I wasted no time in ordering the same.
What does the product claim: Touch yourself up with this ultra fine powder and give yourself a light, natural complexion. Its lightweight formulation contains mineral zeolite to help smooth the skin
Price: INR 145/- for 20 g but on introductory discount in Feb for INR 125/-
My take on product: when I got the product I was so impressed to see it at first. The packaging was so classyâ€¦.. a shiny black case with oriflamme written on it in silver.. WOW!
The lid had a lock and it opens and closes with a twist (like most of our casseroles do). I opened the lid and what pretty thing it was, exactly like it was shown in the catalogue. The lid comes off completely unlike other compacts which had their lids attached to the cake at one point. In the inner side of the cap, a mirror is fixed which I think is very important in bushes and compact so that we donâ€™t have to carry extra mirrors for lipsticks and touch ups ).
It comes in only two shades which are Light and Light/medium. I got Light/medium for mom. Though the options of the shades are only two but I think light/medium one will suit most of the Indian skin tone. The powder is odorless and gives very sheer coverage when applied. All in all thereâ€™s nothing much to hate this product or nothing special to love it (of course except for the cover ).
What I like about the product:
– As I mentioned in detail- the packing, super classy.
– The mirror is of very good quality and the cover lock makes it travel friendly.
– Gives nice coverageâ€¦ though sheer, but I personally donâ€™t expect much from a face powder. Nobody does, I think
– Very affordableâ€¦.. Especially this month when itâ€™s on discount.
– Oriflame doesnâ€™t test on animals.
What I didnâ€™t like about the product:
– No spf, which my Maybelline whitestay UV compact (my first and only love in pressed powder) has.
– I think for touch ups the packing may become a trouble because you have to hold the lid separately to see in the mirror as it come off completely.
– Only two shades to choose from.
Will I repurchase: I would say, itâ€™s a normal product with nothing special in it and I would prefer Maybelline Whitestay over this (my biasness, may be). But if anyone wants to try it, it wonâ€™t disappoint you either.
For Oriflame products all over India Meeny can be contacted at [email protected]