By Meenu(Oriflame consultant)
Friends! How are you all doing?
Its raining since 2-3 days here in NCR. Well actually not heavy rain but few continuous raindrops, which reminds me of the cute happy song- â€œraindrops keep falling on my headâ€¦â€ and I am humming this song almost all the time these days. Anyways, if you guys remember, I had shared my Oriflame products haul a few days back here on Wiseshe and I confessed of doing a separate review of one of my fav these days, â€œUltra Rich Body Milk (for extra dry skin)â€.
What does the product claim: Experience this intensive and nourishing body moisturizer enriched with moisturizing complex that gives you 24H intensive hydration (this product doesnâ€™t talk too much na ).
Ingredients: Aqua, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Aalcohol Dimethicone, Glyseryl Stearate SE, Stearyl Alcohol, Paraffinum Liquidum, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Ceteareth-20, Parfum, Imidazolidinyl Urea, MethylParaben, Stearic Acid, Carbomer, PropylParaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Isopropyl Myristate, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glucose, Pogostemon Cablin Extract, Mentha Spicata Flower/Leaf/Stem Extarct, Chondrys Crispus Extract
Price: INR 498/- for 400 mL bottle.
My experience with the Ultra rich Body Milk: It works. I am so proud of myself and my decision to buy Ultra rich body milk . In this little cold and wet weather, this body milk is serving all my purposes of protecting my skin, making it smooth and soft to touch as well as smelling good . Its fragrance is so mild and good I just canâ€™t tell. As I apply the body milk on, my skin feels soooooo smooth that even I keep touching it most of the timesâ€¦â€¦ . I am happy with the product until now but yet to check its tolerance & thrust in extreme weather (chilly winters which Delhi is famous for ).
What I liked about the Product:
– It does what it claims (though I havenâ€™t check it in harsh conditions but I am sure it will be no less that Garnier body cocoon which is my second best after this as of now)
– It smell. Seriouslyâ€¦ it has a mesmerizing fragrance.
– I adore my skin after applying it. My skin becomes super smooth and supple.
– â€œGlucose, Pogostemon Cablin Extract, Mentha Spicata Flower/Leaf/Stem Extarct, Chondrys Crispus Extract â€œ, I donâ€™t actually know what they are but flower, leaf, stem extractâ€¦. doesnâ€™t that sound cool (so I google-d some of these and captured my findings in the end of this article for information).
– Less is more in this case. A little amount at a time fulfills you requirement.
– I found the price quite decent when I get these benefits from the product.
– Oriflame products are not tested on animals.
What I didnâ€™t like about the product:
– Not travel friendly. The huge bottle is big no no for travelling. Moreover, it is not available in any other size.
– Too many chemicals as ingredients scare me but then again it doesnâ€™t stop me from loving it.
– The packaging is boring, the bottle is too plain.
Will I repurchase it: I think I willâ€¦ so yes.
Wiseshe rating: 4/5 J
Some information about the herbs used in its ingredients (info source: Wikipedia & suite101):
Mentha Spicata (also called Spearmint) –
Spearmint has been studied for antifungal activity; its essential oil was found to have some antifungal activity. Its essential oil did not show any evidence of mutagenicity in the Ames test, although it can have a calming effect when used for insomnia or massages. Spearmint has also been described as having excellent antioxidant activity; its antioxidant activity was found to be comparable to the synthetic BHT.
Pogostemon Cablin (also called patchouly or pachouli) –
Patchouli is used widely in modern perfumery and modern industry to scent products such as paper towels, laundry detergents, and air fresheners. Two important components of its essential oil are patchoulol and norpatchoulenol.
It is one of the many types of seaweed in red algae category. Skin care products such as lotions and creams often contain some ingredients derived from seaweed. Some of the chemical compounds that preserve the moisture for seaweed at low tide are said to preserve moisture in the skin. In some skin products, dried and powdered seaweeds are used. Some believe that mineral-rich seaweed provide conditioning for the skin.
Bye for now
Meenu is an oriflame consultant in Gurgaon.For best deal on oriflame products and delivery at home contact at this email id [email protected]