For me, Mascara, kajal and lipstick were probably the most used stuffs during my college days. Mascara gives definition to eye lashes and if worn properly, small eyes too can look bigger. There are water-proof and water soluble mascara available and depending upon once need it can be selected.Few days back a wise she reader Neha asked to do a tutorial on how to apply mascara so thought of doing it today
Steps to apply Mascara Properly
Step 1. Girls always start their makeup session by moisturizing their face. Just be careful for NOT to apply moisturizer on eye Lashes while blending on other parts of skin.
Step 2. As you apply primer and powder to eye lids, after curling your lashes, apply a very little compact powder to your Lashes too, this will give volume to lashes and will make the mascara to stay on the Lashes for a long time ïŠ
Step 3. Look down into a mirror, apply a thin coat 1st time, from above your lashes.
Step 4. Now apply mascara from below the lash. This will coat mascara from both the sides of lashes. Use zig-zag motion of mascara brush at the roots of eye lash to holds them into the brush
and then stroke upwards, this will brush up the lash and avoid clumps and spider web.
Step 5. Let the mascara in the upper lash dry up completely, do not blink for 30sec, then comb the lashes to separate the hairs and remove excess mascara.
Step 6. Now apply mascara to the lower lash looking upwards in the mirror.
Finish off with kajal and eye liner. Here I must praise Lakme Lash Artist which curled up my eye lashes very beautifully. I donâ€™t posses a lash curler nor I have used a lash curler in my life. Every thing about the curling is taken care of by Lash Artist J
Now some Tips –
- Always dry the 1st coat of mascara before applying the 2nd coat to avoid clumps.
- If accidentally you apply excess mascara then blot it with tissue paper gently.
- Do the top lash 1st and then the lower lash.
- Never add water to the mascara if it starts to dry up, this will give bacteria a breeding medium!
- Do not blink eyes till mascara dries up completely.
- Mascaras should be replaced every after 5 month.
- Never curl your lashes after applying mascara as the eyelashes can stick there.
- Donâ€™t apply mascara on the lower lashes if you have dark circles under the eyes as it will accentuate them.
- For healthy eye lashes apply Vaseline to lashes at night before going to bed.
I hope the article helped you in someway
You might like reading these also:-