Braid Hair – How To French Braid

How To Do French Braid

If your hair is long enough then there are so many different hairstyles which you can try out.If you don’t have any hair products and want to give your hair a stylish look then french braid might be of your interesting.French braiding is a classic and stunning hairstyle and with some patience one can easily learn it.

Below I have tried to show how to do french braid with step by step process so lets go french braiding Smile

Step1 - Comb and take out a small section  from the center of top of your head

How To Do French Braid

Step2 -. Make 3 partitions as if you would do from the center of top of your head.

How To Do French Braid

Step 3. Cross the right hair strands to left  ,Between 1st and 2nd hair strand   and left hair strand to right (as you would  do to make a normal braid)

How To Do french braid

Step 4. Now take a small portion of hair from left side of scalp and cover the hair you braided  just now from right to left.

How To French Braid

Step 5. Continue the left to right, and right to left crossing over of hair strands just like doing a normal braid, only with addition to covering each step with an extra hair strand taken from scalp.

How To Do French Braid

Step 6 – This is the pattern you will get, once you reach neck level and completely use up all the hair in joining and covering center braiding process, braid the remaining hair below neck just as normal braid, tie with an elastic band.

How To Do French Braid

French Braiding

Easy French Braiding

Final side view..This type of hairstyle goes well with saris as well and short halter dress or even with your LBDs..

How To Do French Braid

Hope you guys liked my easy french braid tutorial Smile

How To Make Easy Bun Hairstyles

Office Hair Style For Long Hair With Pictures

How To Style And Manage Curly Hair
Dull Damaged Hair Solution

Comments

• says

will you be able to do it Question Question Question
      coz i never could do it on me Frown i personally feel we can style other’s hair very easily coz we can “see” it, but since we can’t see our hair(at the back), so its difficult when we try out on ourselves……thats why i took model instead of doing the tutorial on my hair Razz

i can do the french braid myself..needs little patience..what i do is i keep my back in front of the mirror and keep looking how it is turning out.

• shrilata says

I agree with you prerna..I tried this many times but always run out of patience..its very difficult to do it on self Heh

1. Meenu says

thanks prerana, but one quest: you said cover the hair while taking the next section, that would mix the new hair with the earlier section na? naking it thicker……
    just a lil confusion Razz Razz

• says

oh Meenu, i’m so sorry, i couldn’t make u understand my points properly Big Frown
      well, in that step u will be taking “small” portion of hair strands from one side and join it in the center braiding process…so since the portion will be small, it won’t become thick Yes

2. Meenu says

thanks prerana, i get it now…. was so looking forward to this french braid process Laugh Laugh

anamika: m confused coz have to work today after two days rest and a winning india match Blush Blush Blush

3. Meenu says

he always looked scary to me though ….. i never liked him…. plays only once in ablue moon and becoming humpty dumpty day by day…… i think what he does in practice session is Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat

i have seen phhooreen stars wearing this “sagar choti:Grin and with shoulder length hair and it looks good..

4. Mitra20 says

I have also seen a variation of it…side french braid…maybe ppl whose hands pain can try the side version of this…IMO

oh wow so shweet of you prerana Smile me too i read your bengal trip post and you made me miss bengal so much havent been there for more than 2 years now Frown

i miss my place too though i keep going there..and what worse i miss my parents every single day Frown
          why we girls have to stay away from themFrown

• says

afterall it is “men dominated” society na!! so that men can stay with their parents and his wife could do seva of his parents…they bring women away from her mom-dad….yahi hai kadvi sacchai..”Bitter truth” weep weep

there r hardly women who r staying with there in laws ..every one is working nowadays.. i lived in noida and now in hyderabad i just don c any joint families nowadays.it is sad though.

• Maha says

True. The corporate industry is taking us to places all over the world. In fact both the parents are getting affected with no one to look after them when they are old.
                And even if the guy agrees for the girl’s parents to stay with them, the parents never agree to stay with the girl since they are not used to that sort of culture. Big Frown

6. neha says

I love french braid (sagar choti)
    Ekdum classy lagta hai
    I try to make as many sections as possible to make it look more intricate
    PSs SILs hair is so good (thick and shiny)
    Please make another sagar choti with much smaller sections

7. neha says

Hey anu……lolzz even i am lazy at times….my hair is in a ponytail today….mera mood change ho gaya…..we all ladies should plan a sagar choti day soon…..what do you say?