Lakme Nine to Five Flawless Cream Compact (Marble) Review
By Prerana Sharma,
God has made me cry finding a perfect foundation! And with this cream compact I had a horrible experience! I was checking out the new look of the season in Lakmeâ€™s website where I found models wearing cream compact were looking so fresh, so dewy that I was tempted to buy it. You know in winters, skin become so dry! I felt in love with the dewy makeup of Lakme model Amrit and grabbed this cream compact next day..
Two disasters happened with me. First, I took marble shade thinking this is close to my skin tone but it wasnâ€™t! Second, the name â€œcompactâ€ confused me! The SA fooled me by saying it can be used both as a foundation (when applied with a wet sponge) as well as a compact when applied as a dry one coz this gives cream-to-â€œpowderâ€ finish! It was a new launch at that time and I thought it may be a better version of Radiance â€œCompactâ€ so I took it but I wasted my money Lâ€¦
What Lakme nine to five cream compact claims
A crÃ¨me-to-powder finish formula make-up compact that glides on silky smooth and blends effortlessly for an impeccable finished look that lasts the entire day.
It has 2 separate compartments, for the foundation and lower compartment for sponge
How to apply Lakme nine to five flawless cream compact –
- Pick the product with your fingers, keep applying and blending it.
- Then damp the sponge and move it lightly all over your face just to make foundation layer even.
- In winters, the creamy texture somewhat freezes. For that u will have to blow dry the foundation for a few seconds to melt it lightly. Then wet the sponge and sweep required amount of foundation. Blend the make-up sponge in a downward direction.
Available Shades 4 shades, namely – Pearl, marble, Shell and Coral.
Price – (for 9gms) Rs 375 or 395 something (Not sure coz I bought it almost an year back and I have thrown the outer carton)
My Experience with it
When we bring home something, we are always very excited to use that product as soon as possible! So next weekend when I was going for some shopping I applied this and set it with a loose powder. It was a hot humid weather of Delhi that time, temperature outside was about 42 degrees! So I thought this being waterproof / sweat proof and giving powder finish wonâ€™t make me look oily and will stay long (9am to 5pm) as it claims. When I applied it, I felt nice and flawless..The foundation glides on smoothly with the sponge provided.
After I reaches my shopping place, I just went to the washroom to apply a little compact on my oily nose and to my horror I saw, foundation melting and tricking down my cheeks with the oil of my face!! I just wiped it out with tissue and managed the situation with my compact!
What does it means? It doesnâ€™t stay 9to5 as it says! It is not sweet-proof! All in one, it is not a summer product.
Just to show the difference of bare skin and made up skin I have applied it above wrist.
Actually I hate this product but I have to be honest in general and hence write its positive points:
Good things of Lakme nine to five cream compact
- This compact comes with a wonderful sponge which does its job very well.
- Its packaging is very nice, travel friendly and non messy.
- It gives a wonderful matte finish.
- It can cover spots&blemishes if you apply it heavily.
- It is water proof (but not sweet proof, lol..)
Bad Things of it –
- Doesnâ€™t stay for nine to five!
- They says it is cream â€œcompactâ€. No, its just a foundation, not a compact.
- Claims to give powder finish but it has cream texture.
- Choosing of the shade is difficult. I normally use marble in â€œradiance Compactâ€ which matches my skin color. But this one in marble gave an â€œone shade lighterâ€ finish to my skin.
Will I repurchase it
No, I have found other foundations of Lakme better than this, like Invisible foundation and Perfect Radiance foundation, so why repurchase it?
ï»¿You might like reading these also:-