Wise She MAC Caviar Dreams Eyeshadow Giveaway Entry (3) by Maha
Lately, many of us having been hearing about the benefits of Macadamia Hair oil and Argan oil for hair.
Macadamia Oil - Very rich in essential fatty acids, macadamia oil has the distinctive feature of resembling sebum. This replication of the natural oils our scalp produces for protection make it an ideal enriching & replenishing agent with rapid absorption. Macadamia natural hair oil, contrary to the floating myth, does not make the scalp and hair greasy. In fact, this oil gets readily absorbed into the hair follicles and scalp, thereby leaving no scope for greasiness to develop on the scalp. This oil is also touted for its synergy with the capillary sebum, thereby increasing the strength of the hair strand right to the root. It is thus, capable of moisturizing and strengthening rough and limp hair.
Argan Oil - Argan oil is produced from the kernels of argan tree fruit. These trees only grow in a few regions, like Morocco, so this oil is one of the rarest in the world due the small supply and the limited growing area hence the high price and the hype. Chemically speaking argan oil consists of a blend of fatty acids (over 70% oleic and linoleic acids.) It is also rich in vitamin E, phenols, and carotenes. Since itâ€™s so rich in essential fatty acids, it is used in skin or hair treatments.
Macadamia natural oil Healing Oil Treatment
What the product claims – Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment is a therapeutic oil perfect for all hair types and is especially beneficial to dry, damaged hair. The Healing Oil Treatment is instantly absorbed, weightlessly infusing the hair with moisture and nutrients for silky smooth, healthy looking hair while providing natural UV protection from photo and sun damage. Dry, brittle hair is miraculously rejuvenated with increased shine and control.
- Price - 4.2oz(125 ml) for $39.00, 1oz(30 ml) for $13.00, 0.34oz(10 ml) for $6.50
- How to use – Apply a small amount to damp or dry hair. Comb through for even distribution. Healing Oil Treatment can also be added as an enhancement to other conditioning and finishing products or mixed into color or other chemical service preparations for improved absorption and effectiveness, resulting in more vivid and long-lasting applications.
- Ingredients – Dimethicone, cyclomethicone, tocopheryl acetate, macadamia ternifolia seed oil, argania spinose kernel oil, fragrance, benzyl salicylate, hexyl cinnamal, butylphenyl methylpropional, coumarin, linalool, limonene
What I like about the Healing Oil Treatment
- It is one of the best products that I have used on my hair. It makes my hair silky and smooth and detangles it instantly.
- My hair never feels greasy and it tames down any amount of frizz that I may have. It gets absorbed almost instantly.
- Doesnâ€™t give me any hair fall.
- It also claims to have UV protection which is a first of its kind at least as far as I am concerned.
- A little product goes a long way so the bottle is going to last me for a very long time.
- The pump dispenser is an added plus since it is easy to use and also it has a lock mechanism. So you donâ€™t have to worry about spilling.
What I donâ€™t like about the Healing Oil Treatment -
- First of all, it is definitely not wholly natural. Contains parabens. But as far as it is beneficial, Iâ€™m ignoring it.
- If you are going to go overboard with the amount needed, it tends to weigh down the hair but still doesnâ€™t make it greasy.
- It has a pleasant smell but people with sensitive nose may not like it. I have sensitive nose yet this one somehow doesnâ€™t annoy me.
- Availability. We can only order it online.
- Ok there is no miraculous rejuvenation. The effect lasts only until the next wash. Iâ€™m wondering may be prolonged usage might help.
Wise she rating 4/5 (I have taken points only for the parabens part else I would have given it a 5 )
Will I recommend this We all are ready to spend so much on serums that are loaded with chemicals and cause hairfall most of the times. If you are looking out for a good serum, you might want to try this. You could try the 10 ml one first to know if it suits you. Thats what I did J
Macadamia natural oil Nourishing Leave-In Cream Review
- What the product claims – Macadamia Nourishing Leave-In Cream is a leave-in conditioning texture cream infused with nourishing oils to tame unruly locks while adding silky softness, shine and UV protection.
- How to use - Apply a small amount of the Nourishing Leave-In Cream in the palm of your hand. Rub your palms together and apply evenly to damp or dry hair. For a more intense, conditioning treatment, add a small amount of Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment to the Nourishing Leave-In Cream application. Comb through for even distribution. Style as desired.
- Ingredients - Leave-In: water, tsopropyl myristate, glyceryl stearate, mineral oil, peg-40 stearate, dimethicone, sorbitan tristearate, imidazolidinyl urea, fragrance, methylparaben, propylparaben, tocopheryl acetate, lactic acid, 2-bromo-2-nitropropane-1, 3-diol, argania spinosa kernal oil, macadamia ternifolia seed oil, limonene, hexyl cinnamal, butylphenyl methylpropional, linalool, cintronellol, hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexene carboxaldehyde, alpha-isomethyl ionone, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, coumarin
What I like about the Nourishing Leave-In Cream
- I generally donâ€™t prefer leave-ins after my stint with Wella but I have to say I liked this one better or at least this one suited me better.
- It has a creamy texture and doesnâ€™t weigh my hair down. Doesnâ€™t make it greasy either.
- Gets absorbed instantly and detangles my hair wonderfully.
- Doesnâ€™t give me any hairfall.
- The smell is not as strong as the healing oil.
- Pump dispenser with a lock mechanism.
What I donâ€™t like about the Nourishing Leave-In Cream
- Not an absolute necessity unless it is absolutely necessary to use a leave-in
Wise she rating 3.5/5
Will I recommend this It is a really good leave-in conditioner but not an absolute necessity. If you are looking for a good leave-in you might want to try this.
As far as both the products are concerned, I will definitely repurchase them especially the healing oil treatment. I got the leave-in just because I had to pay only $9 extra to get them as a set rather than the oil alone. And I needed a good leave-in too.
I got the Macadamia Healing Nourishment Set from feelunique.com for $52.33. The shipping is absolutely free and the package reaches within 7-10 days. I had previously ordered the 10ml sample of the healing oil from the same site.
You might like reading these also:-