Neutrogena Ultra sheer dry touch sunblock SPF 50+ (PA+++) Review by Prerna
Neutrogena offers 3 sunblocks in India Ultra sheer SPF 50+ (88ml), Ultra sheer body mist SPF 30 and Age shield Sunblock. Since I stay out in home for many hours I chose Ultra Sheer SPF 50+ sunblock for me. I believe sunblocks are more effective than sunscreens, thatâ€™s why I chose this neutrogena sunblock.
Difference in sunscreen and sunblock –
Sunblock is opaque, it makes a barrier to the skin and is able to â€œblockâ€ majority of the UVA/UVB rays and radiation from the sun, thus there’s no need to reapply it every hour.
Sunscreen has the ability to protect against UVA/UVB rays but is more transparent so has to be reapplied every hour. It does not block all the rays of sun as it acts like a screen to stop some rays and allow some rays to penetrate in skin.
What the product claims: Neutrogena Ultra sheer dry touch sunblock SPF 50+(PA +++) is a breakthrough in sun protection. Stabilized with Helioplexâ„¢ , it provides superior balanced broad spectrum protection against skin aging UVA and burning UVB rays and combines it with Dry Touch Technology for an ultra light, non shiny finish. This light weight sun block has a light fresh scent and is gentle enough even for sensitive skin.
Price: Rs 425/- for 88ml
Directions: Apply liberally on face and body 15 – 30 minutes before sun exposure. For added protection, reapply after swimming, towel drying or extended sun exposure.
Best feature of this product: It contains a compound called Helioplex which is Neutrogenaâ€™s patented compound. The chemicals used in normal sunscreens absorb UVA but degrade quickly after exposing to sun and become ineffective. Helioplex combines two existing sunscreens- avobenzone and oxybenzone, which block UVA and UVB rays. But since avobenzone is in a more stable form in presence of Helioplex, it doesn’t lose its effectiveness with exposure to sunlight and gives broad-spectrum protection after 5 hours of sun exposure.
My experience with it:
- After applying oil-free moisturizer when I apply this light lotion like sunblock, I donâ€™t feel heavy. It is light in texture, absorbs effortlessly and truly gives a dry touch to my skin.
- It doesnâ€™t give greasy feeling or any kind-a whitish cast to my oily skin.
- I didnâ€™t felt any burning sensation / tanning after spending hours under sun with this sunblock on my skin. I completely love it and it has become my HG sunblock now..
- Non-Comedogenic (wonâ€™t clog pores).
- Oil free and PABA free.
- Water proof and sweat proof.
- Ideal for oily skin, but it will suit dry skin as well.
- SPF 50 provides high levels of both UVA (PA +++) and UVB protection
- Light in texture, absorbs in skin easily and gives a dry, smooth finish, at the same time did not dry out my skin also.
- Dermatologist tested.
- It spreads easily on skin like a lotion, I didnâ€™t had to rub it on my skin for a long time as I used to blend other sunscreen creams.
- The price of 425/- Rs just for 88ml is big ! (but looking at its efficiency, itâ€™s ok for me).
- No list of ingredients on the pack!
Will I repurchase: Yes. It’s my HG sunblock