Biotique Almond Under Eye Cream Review
Spending too much time in front of the Computer gives us dark circles. I have been spending at least 10 hours a day in front of the screen (now now, donâ€™t think that it all goes in internet. My all work is through computer. Sighâ€¦.). So after 100s of failed attempt to use cucumber slices and tea bags regularly, I decided to go for Biotique under eye almond cream. I have quite sensitive eyes so an herbal product like Biotique sounded good to me . I had heard great things about almond oil for dark circles too and as almond was the main ingredient present in it I didn’t give much of a thought.
- What the product claims: – A light nourishing cream to help protect the delicate skin around the eyes. Contains oils of Nutmeg, Almond, Sunflower and Quince Seed Gel that increase brightness and add sparkle to the eye, while reducing puffiness, dark circle and fine lines around the eye area.
- Size: 16 gm
- Price: I donâ€™t exactly remember the price. It was around 80/- . When I went to the store to cross check it, I found out that the 100gm pack is worth 370/-
- Ingredients: As per Wikipedia, The quince or Cydonia oblonga is a small deciduous tree related to apples and pears. As per Biotique, the gel from the quince seed provides essential vitamins and minerals to nourish the skin.Nutmeg: Jaiphal in Hindi. Anti-inflammatory properties. Lightens dark circles
- Almond: retains glow, Moisturizes better and deeper, Soothes skin irritation and inflammation, Lightens dark circles, Nourishes the skin.
- Sunflower: The valuable edible oil has more Vitamin E than any other vegetable oil.
- How to use Lightly pat around eye area, morning and evening
My experience with Biotique Under Eye Cream: –
The first time I used it at night, my eyes started feeling so heavy due to the strong smell. I thought maybe itâ€™s the first time thatâ€™s why, so I straight away went to sleep. In the morning my eyes felt puffy. Brave me; I applied it in the morning after bathing. And alasâ€¦.. I had to take a leave from the office as I couldnâ€™t see properly, my eyes were stinging bad, feeling puffy. Still I continued to apply a little amount at night (didnâ€™t wish to waste my leave so not in the morning). But the irritation was the same. So stopped using it. And have been trying to finish it off using it as hand and foot cream at times (almond oil will do some good to my skin â€¦.). But I want to give it a benefit of doubt as I have very sensitive eyes and only Himalaya kajal suits me. So might be it could suit some people. But try at your own risk. Now to be rational to this product, here are some pros:
It is a thick cream which has a very shiny finish
What I liked about the Biotique Under Eye Cream
- The tub is very small and handy.
- It does provide moisturisation
- Little amount goes a long way.
- The price is reasonable.
- It has good ingredients like almond oil and nutmeg.
- Itâ€™s a biotique product so we can trust it.
What I didn’t like about Biotique Under eye cream
- No complete list of ingredients
- The smell was very irritating to eyes. I want my eye cream to be odorless so that it doesnâ€™t cause irritation.
- Itâ€™s very oily, as you can see in the picture. One cannot use it in the morning at all.
- Its quite thick, so I had to pat, pat, pat , pat and pat to make it melt in my skin.
- It feels so heavy on the eyes.
- Digging finger in the deep tub is very unhygienic.
My verdict: I love my eyes and this product was sheer torture for them. So I am never ever going to buy it. Though I am giving it benefit of doubt due to sensitivity of my eyes (I know I am bragging but it has been pure torture. I hope you all can understand). My brother smelled it and made such a horrible faceâ€¦. I wonâ€™t suggest anybody to get this cream.
To end this sad post happily, I have got garnier under eye pen few days back and I am quite happy with it. Letâ€™s see how it affects my dark circles. See you. Have fun
How do you reduce dark circles under your eyes?
You might like reading these also:-