I’ve always raved on and on about Burt’s Bees Lip Balms, but this time I’m going to review another of their super special lip products..the Lip Shimmers!! They come in 11 different shades and I was able to get my hand on 4 of them.
This is the first time I’ve used these ever and I’m really impressed by them. Lets have a look now shall we?
What Lip Balm Claims
A kiss of color and pearlized shine perk up our world famous 100% natural lip balm, while natural ingredients like vitamin E and coconut and sunflower oils moisturize and soothe your lips. Choose from 11 yummy, all natural shades: Champagne, Raisin, Merlot, Rhubarb, Watermelon, Nutmeg, Fig, Cocoa, Toffee, Guava and Papaya.
Price: $ 4.99
Quantity: Approx 2.9gms
This lip shimmer is transparent and has dense shimmer particles in it. It comes in a long, thin tube as opposed to the short, chubby lip balm tubes. These also have the usual tamper-proof seal to be twisted and broken before use. All these shimmers are 100% natural and are cruelty free.
Additionally, these lip shimmers also have that nice tingly sensation on application thanks to the menthol content. This sensation lasts for about 4-5 mins before dissipating.
Burt’s Bees Radiance Lip Shimmer
This balm is white in color and comes off as a transparent shade full of shimmer. The shimmer is extremely dense and silver in color
This is the only lip shimmer which I took an instant dislike to. I opened it, twisted it up and applied it and Voila! An entire chunk of shiny goop was dislocated onto my lips! Its just too soft..I tried refrigerating it, putting it in ice cold water for while, but it still didn’t work.
Plus, this is a bit too shimmery to my taste. I tried using it after applying lipstick, but it still doesnt’t look nice. Infact, it manages dislodge my lipstick completely and makes my lips look like a white shimmery blob! Furthermore, when this dries, it made my lips look all wrinkly and like a disco bulb thrown at my face! I’m not sure whether I received a defective tube but do let me know if any of you have used this and felt differently.
Swatches of Burt’s Bees Radiance Lip Shimmer
Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer in Rhubarb
On opening up this tube, the first impression of the color one gets is that of a deep maroon shade. But on application, the color is a nice sheer red with a tinge of pink.
I really really like this shade a lot. It is a medium coverage lip balm with tiny shimmers in it. It has a lovely glossy finish and is not at all sticky. The texture is silky and it glides really well on the lips. It can easily be used either alone or as a gloss above our normal lippies. I have used this on chapped lips and even during a bout of allergy and still it hasn’t had an adverse effect. Infact, it moisturizes the lips wonderfully while giving them that much-loved wash of color.
Swatches of Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer in Rhubarb
Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer in Watermelon
This lip shimmer is the exact shade is shown. Its a lovely sheer Mauve shade with tiny, negligible shimmers.
This is by far, my favourite of all 4 lip shimmers. First of all because its a lovely Mauve shade with the right amount of shimmer which doesn’t look OTT at all. Its also great to layer over lipsticks since it slicks on really smoothly and enhances your lip color instead of dislodging the initial color.
The lasting power does is a bit disappointing, but for those (like me) who don’t mind re-applying regularly, this doesn’t pose a problem at all. The moisturizing effect is great and instantaneous.
It can also be worn alone and looks like a lip stain on application.
Swatches of Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer in watermelon
Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer in Fig
On first glance, one may feel that its another shade of mauve after looking at the cap or one may expect a brownish nude color after looking at the shade name. But on opening, this is an amazing shade of terracota with slightly more amount of shimmer than the Watermelon shade.
I really do like this color a lot. The reddish hint of color is wonderful and the fact that this is a high to full coverage lip shimmer is an added advantage. It genuinely reminded me of the Lakme Lip artist in Terracota the only difference being the shimmer. Where I found the Lakme pencil to be drying, this one moisturizes like there’s no tomorrow. I usually prefer to wear this alone without a lipstick since its quite pigmented and when layered, tends to either over shadow the lipstick or changes the color drastically.
Swatches of Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer in Fig
WhatI like aboutBurt’s Bees Lip Balms
- Amazing pigmentation.
- Glides easily without any tugging.
- Its great to have a product which has the dual use of a lip balm and a lipstick.
- Very moisturizing and doesn’t dry the lips.
- Doesn’t settle into the fine lines of the lips
- Has a respectable staying power.
- Comes in a variety of shades.
- Coverage of the shimmers extends from light to full; hence there’s something for everyone.
What I did not like about Burt’s Bees Lip Balms
- Gets over really soon thanks to the tiny amount in the tube.
- The texture of the Radiance lip shimmer is not at all nice and clumps like crazy.
- Its pretty expensive considering the quantity of product we get.
- Not easily available in India.
Will I buy it again: Yeps..Although I’d like to try out the other shades next
You might like reading these also:-
- My Beauty And Makeup Hail After Wise She Recommendation
- LUSH Mint Julips Lip Scrub Review, Photos & Swatches
- E.L.F Candy Shop Lip Gloss Review
- Biotique Bio Walnut Purifying & Polishing Scrub Review
- My 7 Must Have Beauty & Makeup Products
- Biotique Bio Musk Root Fresh Growth Nourishing Treatment Pack Review
- Lotus Sunscreen – Lotus Anti Tan Gel Review
- My Experience With www.homeshop18.com
- Lakme Nine To Five Colorfix Lip Duo Review
- Eva Lush Lips Nourishing Lip Balm Review
- Chambor Silk Touch Lipstick Silk Pink Review
- Best Ingredients To Look For In A Moisturizer And Shampoo