My tryst with Faces cosmetics began with their accessories. I remember buying their hair clips and combs. I had no idea they also had a range of cosmetics until I started reading beauty blogs! Yeps..suffice to say this spiked my curiosity in them. But unfortunately, by this time I’d moved back home to Pune from Bngalore and couldn’t find the Faces range anywhere here. So when I saw these blushes on Fashion and You last month, I knew I had to get them!
I’ve read reviews on their eye pencils (they are absolutely fabulous for sure), their lipsticks (Thanks to Rashmi for that!) and their accessories, but never heard anything about their blushes. So after playing a lot of mental ping-pong, I decided to take the plunge and try them out! I bought 3 blushes and am loving them!
The 3 shades I got were: Carnation Pink, Opera Mauve and Rose Gold.
These are powder-based blushes with a matte finish, manufactured in Italy..Yes..Italy..So if you have a Faces product, remember you have a truly global product…Faces from Canada, Manufactured in Italy, Imported by Delhi, Marketed in Mumbai! Impressive isn’t it? Hehe!
Until early last year, Faces used to sell these same shades of blushes in a see-through flip top containers. However, now they have started using a different packaging. Also, these blushes don’t come with an application brush, which may be good thing since the brushes which are usually sold along with these blushes are hardly ever useful. They also have another range of blushes which is divided in 2 parts: with 4.5gms of product in one half and an application brush which is stored in the other half.
What Faces Blush Claims – This highly-pigmented powder formula allows for an even and precise application. Use as desired to highlight, shade and contour cheek bones. The result is long-lasting color all day long that complements all skin tones. Can be used over powder or foundation to complete any makeup look.
Original Price: 299 INR
Offer Price: 169 INR
Faces Blush Opera Mauve Review
My take on the product:
This is a lovely sober mauve shade which can be used for that uber chic look. Of all 3 shades, this is the one which is the least pigmented. In my opinion, this would be a good choice for beginners since its easier to control the amount of product to be applied. This shade has the least bit of fallout as well which makes it a winner for sure.
Swatches of Opera Mauve
Faces Rose Gold Blush Review
My take on the product:
This is a higly pigmented color and is absolutely gorgeous. In the pan, it looks like a brown, chocolatey shade. When I received this and opened the lid, for a second I thought there had been a mistake and gotten a bronzing or nude shade instead. But when I swatched it I was like ‘WOW!!’ It is actually a lovely peachy shade which is great for daily wear. One has to be very careful while applying it since its very easy to go overboard with this. The cardinal rule of tapping off the excess with your brush is necessary with this to avoid a ‘baked look’
There is definitely some fallout with this product but nothing to be overly concerned about.
Swatches of Faces Blush Rose Gold
Faces Carnation Pink Blush Review
My take on the product:
This shade is a lovely bright pink color and is perfect for those who are not too comfortable with using too dark or too vivid shades. This shade has a very tiny amount of shimmer which gives the face a lovely glow. This shade is medium pigmented and extremely easy to apply since its a light shade and its tough to go overboard with this. Again, this is a shade I can recommend to everyone since its a very versatile color. One can even use this for highlighting.
Swatches of Faces Blush carnation Pink
What I liked about faces blushes
- Good Pigmentation
- Very Affordable
- Good for experimentation and they do have lovely shades which would be great for all regardless if one is a beginner or an expert.
- Texture is wonderful and easy to spread.
- It has a mirror inside which is great for touchups.
- The packaging is very sturdy, sleek and easy to carry around.
- Good staying power. I wore it at 8am and when I came home at 6pm, it was still there (just a bit faded).
- A lot of product for the cost. (8gms)
What I do not like about Faces Blushes
- No mention of ingredients
- Availability is an issue. I have yet to see Faces cosmetics in Pune.
- Limited shades. Their site mentions only 6 shades available.
- See-through containers would have been better to help identify the shade. As of now, the only way is to look at the shade name on the back of the pot or open and check. Not too convenient if one had alotta blushes.
Will I buy it again: Yeps, I would love to, but I doubt this will ever get over. 8gms of product!!!
Rating: 4.5/5 ( -.5 for the packaging)
More Faces Canada product reviews here
- Faces Canada Moisture Rich Lipstick Review And Swatches
- Faces Canada Facial Cleansing Sponges: Review, photos and usage directions
- Faces Pumice Stone Review And Top Five Uses of Pumice Stone
- Manicure set Faces Manicure set review and pictures
- Faces eyeshadow Faces I shine eyeshadow quartet (Product review and swatches)