By Prerana, Hair Shampoo – Khadi Mauri conditioning cream review
Most of you must be thinking that I’m going to review Khadi hair conditioner but it is a shampoo! Yes, the name confused me too! I went to khadi store to purchase a conditioner as I ran out of it.. I was in a hurry yet struggled through all the “similar looking’ bottles of Khadi and picked up as soon as I saw “conditioning cream” thinking that this is a conditioner in a cream form. After I came home and went for a bath, I realized it’s a shampoo when it started lathering!! (what a fool of me!). So this was the story behind my purchase
What Khadi Mauri conditioning cream claims –Herbal cream conditioning shampoo is specially formulated for dry and damaged hair. It contains extracts of aloe and brahmi which moisturize and repair the dry hair. Also contain hair moisturizer jojoba oil, apricot oil (source of Vit E) which moisturizes and provide luster to the hair.
Price –Rs 112/- for 210 ml
Ingredients of Khadi Hair Conditioning Shampoo
- Packaging –As usual it is packed in a transparent plastic bottle with a flip open cap. In some bottles the flip open cap is so tightly manufactured that I feel I will break on of my nail someday!
- Color and consistency –Color is shiny white and has a runny consistency like most of the shampoos have. It has a mild fragrance which does not remain in hair after 2 hrs. It lathers very lightly .
My Experience with Khadi Shampoo
When I found out that mistakenly I have bought a shampoo, I had no option to use it as I had opened the seal!I tried the shampoo in the same way as I always do. Diluted required amount of shampoo in a mug / bowl and applied to my scalp part by part and rest of the steps being as usual.(You can read post how to shampoo hair here)
After drying hair, I was sure since Khadi products have been my favorite, this will also win my heart, but I was wrong! The day after shampooing hair, when I woke up, I saw all my hair had lost its bouncy feel! As if loads of moisture had been applied to my scalp! This is meant for dry hair, where as I have oily scalp. (I regret buying anything without reading instructions!)
What I like about it Khadi Mauri Hair Cream
- Price is very affordable.
- Have a mild fragrance, not very over powering hence great for sensitive nose.
- Is herbal so no harsh effect on hair.
- Contains heena, brahmi, grihatikumari, honey, aloe which are all considered wonderful for hair.
- Is travel friendly (due to tight cap).
What I do not like about Khadi Mauri Hair Conditioner
- It is personal but my biggest con is being oily I bought shampoo meant for dry hair
- Its name…which is so confusing! It’s a shampoo where as name is of a conditioner “conditioning cream”
- Khadi products not available every where.
- Don’t know it is a con or not but it lathers very lightly.
My final say is, since this is not for my hair type I’m not going to re-purchase it. It is strongly meant for “dry scalp”.
You might like reading these product reviews:-