By Prerana, Lotus Herbal Acne Gel
I need not introduce Tea Tree oil to you girls. Everybody knows its ability of controlling sebum secretion from oily skin. And an oily skin girl will prefer tea tree face wash, tea tree toner and tea tree moisturizers more than anything in summers, am I right girls??
So this was my feelings when I first saw Lotus acne gel with Tea Tree and grabbed it at once.
Sorry for that hazy pic
Lotus Herbals Skin Care Products :-
Acne gel is made with tea tree oil which provide broad spectrum antimicrobial activity to control acne, pimples and blemishes. This light easy absorbed gel regulate oil producing glands in acne prone skin thereby retards the process of formation of acne.
Price of acne gel is Rs 185/- for 100gms.
Ingredients Active ingredients Tea tree oil.Nothing more is enlisted.
How to apply acne gel – After cleansing, apply all over face, on the pimples put like a dot and let it dry. Re-apply after every 3 hours.Include it in daily skin care.
About this acne gel
Packaging Acne gel comes in a transparent bottle with a pump dispenser. It could be travel friendly only if you keep its lid tight otherwise the pump may get pressed and spread the gel all around.
Texture & consistency The gel is lemon yellow in color, I was really very confused about this fact because as far as I know tea tree is green in color so this gel must have been green! Whatever, the texture is gel like, due to pump the gel is easy to be taken out otherwise in flip open cap system we would have to invert and jerk it hard to take out the gel.
Fragrance of tea tree gel The smell is of tea tree and very mild, very soothing and refreshing for summers.
My acne treatment experience with Lotus Acne gel
- Being gel, it absorbs into skin instantly without leaving any greasy feel, the skin becomes soft and light (as if you havenâ€™t applied anything!!).
- It is a gel to control oil / sebum secretion so it is not intense moisturizing, this will suit oily skin but dry skin girls should stay away from it.
- I felt the need of re-applying it every after 3-4 hours after washing my face, to control sebum secretion from my face, may be because the peak summer of Delhi in May-June (above 40 degrees) forced my face to become oily after few hours!
- As far as acne and pimples are concerned, the more you will be able to keep your skin pores clean & oil free, acne pimples wonâ€™t find a way. So this gel helped my face to stay oil free for 3 hrs (if u are in AC then your face may stay matte for even 5hrs but this was not in my case), then I had to wash my face & re-apply it. To existing pimples, it didnâ€™t cure them
Yellow Acne Gel
What I like about Lotus Acne Tea Tree Gel
- The pump dispenser is very useful to control the out flow of the gel.
- It feels very light on skin.
- It gets absorbed into skin without any effort.
- Controls oil secretion from skin for good 2-3 hrs in peak summers, in temperature under 30 skin will stay oil free even for 5-6 hrs I assume.
- Do not make skin greasy. (at least for 3 hrs my face stayed oil free)
- Perfect for oily to combination skin during summers.
What I do not like about Lotus Acne Tea tree gel
- It will not moisturize enough the dry skin, so dry skin girls should stay away from it.
- It helped to control oil secretion from my face but didnâ€™t healed existing acne & pimples nor removed existing pimple left over brown spots from my face.
- No list of full ingredients except tea tree oil!
Final Verdict –
Although it helped to control oil secretion but its moisturizing ability couldnâ€™t satisfy me, I will be using it only 3 months of the year i.e. May-July when its peak summer in Delhi but rest of the months I will prefer some other gel creams which will provide better moisturization along with oil free skin.