I bought this set sometime early last year. It was part of the Muse Collection in 2009 inspired by artists and creativity displayed in all fields. I have used these lippies for soo long and thought I should definitely review them.
I have a special attachment for these since they were my very first purchases from Ebay and being my first stint at online shopping, I was worrying whether I’d actually get the stuff, whether it was legit, etc, etc..Suffice to say, I got them in time and love them loads.
They are tinted semi-sheer glosses with gold shimmer and come in 3 shades: Luminary, Artiste and Virtuoso (top to bottom).
Product Claim & Ingredients:
- Price: 21$ each (I don’t recall how much I got it for)
- Quantity: 15ml =These lip paints come in really long tubes. When closed, it spans area from the tip of my ring finger to my wrist..Awesome isn’t it? And 15ml of a gloss is like Whoa!!
- Application: As you can see from the pics below, the applicator is a long doe foot shaped one with a thick handle. This does help in controlling the application of the gloss. The one thing I love about Smashbox is the value for money they deliver. The tube is truly filled to the brim and the glosses have a fine shimmer which lends that much-wanted gloss to the lips.
- Packaging: The tube is a squeezable one and this makes things so much more convenient since no product is wasted and you can swipe up every bit of it! Another method of using it (I do this) is to squeeze the tube and swipe out the bit which comes out since I dont like to keep dunking the wand repeatedly. With these glosses, the user is totally in control which I like.
- Texture: The glosses are a bit thick but not sticky. It glides on pretty smoothly and doesn’t get goopy at any point
- Staying Power: They last about 3-4hrs after which the shine and tint fade off, leaving a nice moisturizing glaze on your lips. So at no point would your lips look dried out and pruney
- Fragrance: This has the patent Smashbox bubblegum scent but its not strong at all. Infact, it fades within 5mins max.
Smashbox Lip Paint Shade Artiste
My take on the shade Artiste
This is lovely shimmery gloss with a berry/maroon tint and is the darkest shade from this range. Although Smashbox claims that this can be used to layer over a lipstick, I wouldn’t really suggest this. The reason being that this shade is a tad bit dark and tends to change the color of your lipstick.
I use this alone and I love the tiny shimmers which seems to give me face a nice glow.
Smash Box Lip Paint Shade: Luminary Shade: Virtuoso
This is the quintessential Baby Pink gloss which most of us gals have in our stash. This shade has a medium pigmentation and is suitable to be used atop any lipstick
Smash Box Lip Paint Shade Shade: Luminary
This is the lightest of the 3 lip paints which looks like caramel in the tube (Yum, Yum!) On application, it comes off as a creamy nude shade which can be used over any lipstick to give that radiant shimmery effect.
This is the least opaque of the 3 and due to its color, seems to fade quicker than the rest as well.
Swatches of Luminary, Artiste and Virtuoso
What I like about Smashbox Muse Lip Paints
- Gives a lovely radiant look
- Fades evenly without leaving globs of shimmer
- The shimmer is very fine and is not OTT. It can be used daily to work as well.
- Doesn’t dry out the lips and keeps them moisturized even after the tint fades.
- Long lasting
- All Smashbox products are cruelty free and not tested on animals
What I did not like about Smash Box Muse Lip Paints
- Availability is an issue in India
- Pretty Expensive
- Will I buy it again: Not too sure since God knows when this will get over!
- Rating: 4.5/5 ( -.5 for availability)
You might like reading these also:-
- How To Use MAC pigments
- Elle 18 color burst pomegranate pie review, swatches and pictures
- Elle 18 Nail paints Elle 18 Nail pops 07 swatches and pictures
- 5 ways to save on make up and Beauty products
- Top 10 Make Up Essentials For Bridal Makeup Kit