Cetaphil Cleansing Lotion India
There was a time when I had a bout of acne & my skin was sensitive to anything & everything, when I went to local Dermatologist she suggested the Cetaphil Cleansing lotion, when I expressed my concerns about using lotions & creams with so many chemicals, she said this lotion is meant for sensitive skin & the local pharmacist’s assurance that this is very gentle & is also suggested by Paediatricians for babies made me try this. The Cetaphil Cleansing lotion is manufactured in India by the company Galderma.
What does the company claim about this Cleansing lotion:
Cetaphil Cleansing lotion is fragrance free and non-comedogenic. It has emollient properties , which leave the skin soft & supple. Its non alkaline pH of 6.3 to 6.5 approximates the normal skin pH and thereby does not disrupt the normal balance of the skin. Cetaphil Cleansing lotion is a non-soap & lipid free lotion that allows gentle and thorough cleansing without the irritation associated with harsh soaps and cleansers. It is specially formulated to be non-drying and non-irritating.
- Eczematous skin e.g. atopic dermatitis, contact dermatitis, hand foot eczema, diaper dermatitis.
- Face of acne patients with normal to dry skin. (Though I have very oily skin, but it works magic for me)
- Dry, sensitive and irritated skin caused by the use of retinoids and other topical anti-acne or oral medications.
- Xerotic skin
- Sunburnt skin
- Any dermatoses where in the use of ordinary soaps aggravate the condition e.g. ichthyosis
- Usage: Apply lotion & massage gently. Aviod scrubbing your skin. Rinse with water or remove by wiping the skin with soft cloth or cotton or tissue. Ingredients:Cetyl Alcohol IP — 2.650% w/w,Stearyl Alcohol IP — 0.260% w/w
- Preservatives– Methyl hydroxybenzonate IP — 0.10% w/w,Propyl hydroxybenzonate IP —- 0.05% w/wButyl hydroxybenzonate BP — 0.025% w/w in a lotion base with propylene glycol
- Price: Rs. 115 for 125 ml bottle
My Experience using the Cleansing lotion:
After the bout of the acne, I started using this & honestly this is the very gentle cleanser that cleanses the face well without making it dry & itchy. I was of the notion that with so many chemicals this cleansing lotion would sting me before actually showing the effectiveness,but to my surprise this is the mildest of all the cleansers I have used. The instructions say we could either use this as a face wash & wash it off using water or we could use cotton or soft cloth. When I’m just washing my face in the morning or when there is no makeup I use water & when I have to remove make up I use cotton to cleanse it.
Pros of the Cetaphil Cleansing lotion
- It is non-comodegenic & is suitable for sensitive skin.
- Gently cleanses the skin without stripping away the moisture.
- It’s very mild & doesn’t sting or cause itchiness.
- It’s Non-scented. Sometimes products with overwhelming fragrance can irritate the skin more.
- Inexpensive! This will last for a month & half with regular use.
- Easily available at leading chemist stores.
Cons of the Cetaphil Cleansing lotion:
- It has a medicated smell which may not be appealing but with so many plus points we can still ignore this.
- Has methyl,propyl & butyl parabens but I’m still happy that my sensitive skin had no issues & loved the cleansing lotion.
- Will I repurchase? Yes only if my skin misbehaves because right now it’s back to normal & I don’t use it regularly.
- Will I recommend this? Yes, if it’s already been suggested by the Dermatalogist, without any doubts you could go ahead, otherwise I would suggest consulting a Dermatalogist before using this because a Dermatalogist would know your skin type & prescribe accordingly.
Rating – 5/5