I have been using Lakme sun expert fairness sunscreen on my face , body and under makeup every singly day and this sunscreen is working for me better than Lakme sun expert cucumber & Lemon Grass fairness sunscreen (for all skin type) . As I mentioned before that( Lakme sunscreen for all skin type ) made me sweat after 3-4 hours but this one didn’t.I have combination oily skin which tends to feel greasy after re applying sunscreen.
What Lakme Sun Expert Fairness Sunscreen For Oily Skin Claims :-
Lakme Sun Expert Fairness Sunscreen with SPF 30Plus is designed to provide broad spectrum UV protection while keeping yoru complexion fresh and oil controlled.While SPF30 blocks UVB rays that cause sun burns ,PA+ provides protection from harmful UVA rays that cause dark spots prematrure aging and skin darkening.
The lightening non oily, non greasy sunscreen formulated with mineral clay for superior oil control as well as cucumber & Lemon Grass extracts, not only protects but also helps correct past complexion blemishes through a lighter skin tone or regular usage.
How to Use Sunscreen – For external use only.Smooth on to face and exposed part of the skin atleast 20 minutes before sun exposure.Give it a minute or two to be absorbed into the skin before applying any makeup.Re -apply every 3-4 hours if needed.
Price -250 for 100ml
Ingredients of Lakme Sun Expert Fairness Sunscreen Oily Skin
- Packaging - Products comes in a selective yellow colour packaging and has a flip top packaging.
What I liked about Lakme Sun Expert Cucumber & Lemon Grass Fairness Sunscreen Oily Skin
- Its light weight and small amount of product is needed to cover the face. I initially thought that 100 ml of product wont last much with me but it did.
- SPF 30 pa + for adequate protection.
- Complete mention of ingredients
- Works as a make up base
- I don’t need a moisturizer after using it and it doesn’t make me fell greasy for long time.
- Gives a cooling sensation when applied
- It has strong citrus lemon grass fragrance which I like and it stays only for a while.
Swatches of Lakme Sun Expert Fairness Sunscreen Oily Skin
Lotion is of medium consistency and as you can see it is not completely white is might be because of the mineral clay present in it which helps in controlling oil.
Sunscreen glides with in seconds into my skin without making me wait and doesn’t make my skin look greasy.It gives cooling sensation which I crave for during summers.
Before I talk about the cons I recently came across an article where Food and drug administration has introduced few new laws on sunscreen .(Well not Indian FDA)
- FDA have prohibited using misleading terms such as sunblock an waterproof because according to dermatologist there is no sunscreen which actually block sun and everything does washes of eventually.
- They have asked to not make sunscreen which has higher SPF than SPF 50 .This is because sunscreen above SPF 50 do not have any additional benefits.For detailed article click here
Above article does clear few of the myths
What I dislike about Lakme Sun Expert Fairness Sunscreen For Oily Skin
- 100 ml of product for INR 250 is expensive
- Does contains Parabean but all sunscreen have them so can’t say much about it
- As far as re application is concerned one has to re apply sunscreen every two hours which is recommended by most dermatologist so I wont consider it as a con.
- Does not helps in clearing complexion.
- Will I re-purchase it again - Yes
- Wise She Rating - 3.5/5
You can read rest of the Lakme Sun Expert Fairness Sunscreen Reviews here
Product sent by company for consideration but it has not affected my review.