Facial Cleanser For Oily Skin – Lush Dark Angels Cleanser
Biggest problem of a oily skin during summer is the greasy feeling which it gives and most of the time face doesn’t feel clean Well, Lush Dark Angels cleanser can be a solution to this problem especially in hot and sweaty weather.When I started with Lush I tried Lush coal face which I liked therefore I picked this one too although it is way way different from coal face
What Lush Product Dark Angels claims:-
Deep dark cleansing facial scrub for young, dark and oily skin. A lovely, black, squidgy scrub made with charcoal to absorb oils and exfoliate your skin. Nutritious avocado oil softens your skin, glycerine keeps the moisture in and black sugar softly scrubs; rhassoul mud is anti-microbial and cleanses deeply, while sandalwood and rosewood essential oils are soothing, giving you a feeling of smooth, clean freshness that is difficult to beat. It
- Price- INR 700 for 100gm , INR 1400 for 200 gm – one gets just double the quantity with double price so it is better to buy 100 gm each in two tubs so that one can atleast you can get one free tub (Lush gives one free product when we return five empty tubs)
- Availability - Any lush store or you can order them online from Lush site.Don’t forget to ask sample of other products also from them they do that when purchased online
Lush Dark Angels Ingredients :-
hassoul Mud,Cold Pressed organic Avocado Oil ,Glycerine,Powdered Charcoal,Black Sugar,Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate ,Linalool,Sandalwood Oil,Rosewood oil
My experience with Lush Dark Angels Cleanser
- Moisturising - Well I don’t know how lush defines young but I considered myself young and gave this cleanser a try.My biggest concern while using this cleanser was dryness.I thought it will dry out my skin and I have to put in loads of moisturizer on my face but presence of glycerin in it solved my problem .Cleanser never made my skin dry even when I forgot to use moisturiser
- Exfoliating - I use this cleanser twice a day and because of its abrasive texture it exfoliates my skin well and I have stopped using scrubber on my face since then
- Makeup Remover – This is one of the rare product of lush which even removes makeup .I do have to work on eyes a bit when I am wearing waterproof makeup however for every day makeup it cleanse my skin thoroughly which include blush and foundation.For removing makeup I massage the product for 30 seconds more and my face is squeaky clean.
- Fragrance – It has perfume charcoal powder fragrance which might be strong for some.I am pretty comfortable with it but I suggest you to sniff the product before buying it.
You can see product looks like charcoal and when I add water in it and apply it on my face I look no less than a ghost or even better as if I have thrown into a chimney from the terrace .Though my face goes completely black for a while but thankfully it doesn’t leave any residue behind on my face which I may have to struggle hard with.
- Cleansing - It removes dead skin easily and makes skin smooth and soft.It keeps my face oil free for long time and using makeup after cleansing from this becomes easy as now I use less blotting paper.
- Acne It never broke me out but the black mess which it creates may be trouble some for many.
What I liked about Lush Dark Angels Cleanser
- Cleanse and exfolaite skin thoroughly
- Helps in removing makeup
- Exfoliate skin well and brightens up the face
- 100 gm of product lasts for three months and it doesn’t need to be stored in the fridge
- Helps in getting rid of the oily feeling
- Doesn’t break me out
What I didn’t like about Lush Dark Angels Cleanser
- The black mess which it creates
- Sensitive skin might find it harsh
- Not suitable for dry skin at all (combination skin can give it a try)
Will I recommend it to others – Yes, for oily skin or combination oily skin which has blackheads or white heads problem this cleanser is a must try .It is expensive but it lasts for three months so will cost around 2oo plus a month which is not bad if you compare it with other lush products
Wise She Rating
Cleansing - 5/5
Exoflaiting – 3.5/5
Makeup removing – 3/5
Ingredients - 3/5 (does contain SLS)