Cream Blushes – NYX Rouge Cream Blush Glow
Today I will be reviewing one of my fav blushes i.e. The Nyx rouge cream blush in Glow and this was my first NYX Cream blush
NYX Cream Blush
More delicious than peaches and cream? We like to think so. Our velvety smooth mineral Rouge Cream Blush offers a sheer wash of radiant color. The glorious payoff is dewy, sultry and long-lasting. Available in cream blush 12 shades.
- Price: 650 INR / $6.50 (which roughly translates to 290INR)
- Ingredients:Mineral Oil (and) Ethylene / Propylene / Styrene Copolymer (and) Butylene / Ethylene / Styrene Copolymer, Myristyl Lactate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Polyethylene, Mica, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polyisobutene, Beeswax, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Ethylhexyglycerin, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), D&C Red 6 (CI15850), D&C Red 7 (CI15850), D&C Red 27 (CI45410), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI77492), Iron Oxide Red (CI77491), Iron Oxide Black (CI77499).
NYX Cream Blush Shade
These cream blushes come in 12 yummy shades as below
- Range of shades: They have a wide range of shades (12) so one can find the shade they want and which would suit them. Its great for newbies to experiment with since they are not too expensive and are yet of good quality.
- Staying Power: I’m quite okay with their staying power..With the more vivid shades like Glow, it is not a problem since the color fades gradually, but evenly and yet at the end of the day, my skin has a lovely hint of color. But with the lighter shades, they last only about 5hrs before fading.
- Application: As with all cream blushes, this can be applied either by using your fingers, a Qtip or with a brush. I prefer using my fingers since this shade is very tricky to work with. I use my fingers and dab a bit on my cheeks. Then I spread and blend using a patting motion with my fingers. This ensures that the distribution of product is even and smooth.Another way I use this is to spread this blush and then, using a buffer brush I just use clear powder or compact powder lightly over my face. This lends the ‘Glow from Within’ Look a lot of us like to sport sometimes.
- Cost & Availability: These blushes have very limited availability here in India. Even then, the stores which carry NYX may not have all 12 shades available.
As mentioned initially, the cost is 650 INR which is pretty steep. It feels steeper if one considers the fact that it costs just $6.50 abroad. So effectively, one can purchase 2 Nyx Cream blushes for the same amount if bought from a different country. Hence, I would suggest that if interested, this can be purchased online as well from nyxcosmetics.com, cherryculture.com or porkdaisy.com. The 2 latter sites may even have offers to avail from.
My take on NYX Cream BLUSH
- Packaging: This blush comes in a pot form with a plastic see-through flip top lid. The lid has the brand name, range name and the quantity printed on it. The shade name, number and ingredients are printed on the back
- Pigmentation: This is the most highly pigmented cream blush I’ve ever come across. Just a single swipe is sufficient. The blush is intensely creamy and one has to be very careful using this. It would not work to use this as a normal blush or else rest assured, we would look like clowns.
Swatches of NYX Rouge Cream Blush
What I like about NYX Cream Blushes
- Fantastic Pigmentation. Just a tiny bit is enough…
- It’s creamy & blends really well
- One has the freedom to layer as much as one sees fit
- Texture is superbly creamy and easy to spread
- Has a see-thru top so its easy for us to identify the shade
- The packaging is very sturdy, sleek and easy to carry around.
- Good staying power. I wore it at 8am and when I came home at 6pm, it was still there (just a bit faded).
What I do not like about NYX Cream blush
- May not be suitable for those having oily skin
- Availability is an issue. Nyx is not available everywhere in Indiaand even then they may not carry all shades of this blush
- The plastic see-thru top is a bit fragile and can come out anytime.
- One has to be very careful while using this since its very easy to go overboard.
- Pretty costly if bought here in India. It makes more sense to buy online for a lesser amount.
Will I buy it again:
Yes, if this ever gets over that is..
You might like reading these also:-
- Illamasqua Intense Lipgloss Frenzy Review & FOTD
- Faces Cosmetics Sparkle Dust/Stackables Photos & Swatches
- Faces and NYX in Hyderabad Inorbit Mall
- Bourjois Wet/Dry Eye Shadow (Ombre A Paupieres) Review