If you have been following me on twitter you must be knowing how worried I was when my hubby was making cake .He doesn’t know how to boil an egg but as an engineer that too a topper with geeky like attitude he knows how to follow everything blindly .This is what he did to prepare this cake.He took out the recipe book and started following every step and now I can easily say that baking can be done by a five year old also but not mater paneer
Some of you wanted to see the cake pictures I thought let me write down the recipe also as it might help your husband in baking After all which woman doesn’t like her husband to cook
This cake is meant for 6 people rest depends upon your appetite
Ingredients required :-
Method and preparation :-
- Step1 - Powder the sugar and add flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and keep it aside
- Step2 - Boil a cup of water in a sauce pan and switch off the stove.Dissolve coffee powder, cocoa powder and mix it without lumps.Now let the mixture get cool.
- Step3 - Preheat over 350F/180C and grease the flour on two inch cake pans.
- Step4 -Mean while take a wide bowl and add butter in it and keep beating it with an electric mixer.If you don’t have one then you can do it with a wooden spoon and keep adding powder sugar in between
- Step5- Add eggs one at at a time , vanilla essence and keep beating until mixtures become light in consistency
- Step6 - Now add the dry ingredients , cocoa mixtures and beat beat beat.
- Step7 – Transfer the mixture into a baking tin and bake for 40 minutes until the tops turns back in colour.You can check wether the cake is prepared by inserting a spoon in the center.If it comes out clean then it is ready.There will be some crumbs lying here and there and that will make the cake look like a devil cake :
For the icing there was no hard work we got Pilsbury creamy chocolate icing which is easily available in stores nowadays.Just boil the icing and pour it on to the cake
Happy Sunday everyone
You might like reading these also:-