I think I have said this before, I don’t really like Body Shop’s Tea Tree range, though I have oily/combi skin but still somehow tea tree range doesn’t get impress me. The funny part is I started to like the tea tree face wash when the bottle was almost finished …but then if we don’t like one product that doesn’t mean we won’t like another …so I try things which you gals might have notice by now.
So here presenting you all TBS Tea Tree Face Mask, a product is so far best in tea tree range for me, isn’t the packaging is attractive?
Product ~ Body Shop Tea Tree Face Mask
For Skin Type ~ All
Price ~ SGD 30.90 or INR 745 for 100ml
- How to Use ~ Smooth a thin layer onto pat-dried skin, clean face and neck with your fingertips. Leave for 5 to 10 minutes (mask will not dry). Then rinse off with clean water and pat skin dry. Use once or twice per week, after cleansing.
- Product Claim ~ Leave skin feeling deeply cleansed and refreshed with an instantly cooling mask that helps remove impurities and absorb excess oil while soothing and calming blemish-prone skin.
- My Experience ~
How it works:
○ Lemon tea tree and Community Trade tea tree oil from Kenya contain properties that help fight blemishes and prevent new ones from forming.
○ Tamanu oil from Madagascar has a soothing effect and helps to calm irritation and redness.
○ Menthol creates a cool fresh tingle that leaves skin feeling calm and refreshed.
Main ingredients are:
- Community Trade organic tea tree oil from Kenya – an ingredient renowned for its anti-bacterial benefits, an infusion perfect to help blemished skin
- Tamanu Oil from Madagascar - traditionally used to promote healthy-looking skin and has fantastic skin moisturising properties
- Lemon Tea Tree from Kenya – Anti-bacterial to give the products a zesty fragrance
Water, Kaolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Myristyl Myristate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Propanediol, Alcohol Denat., Caprylyl Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Cyclohexasiloxane, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Menthol, Limonene, Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil, t-Butyl Alcohol, Denatonium Benzoate, Tocopherol, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Iron Oxides.
So as you see the product comes in a tub with a screw on lid which is like in green colour with product details. The mask itself is in light green colour and in very thick cream consistency. The texture is thick and very smooth.
Tea tree oil has many wonderful properties, such as ‘purifying antibacterial properties and is known to help soothe blemished skin.’ This product also has kaolin clay in it, which helps control shine”, and ”deeply cleanses, drawing out impurities from the skin. Is a mineral that helps to restore the skin’s natural balance.
TBS says A cooling mask to help remove impurities and absorb excess oil whilst soothing and calming blemish prone skin. Skin feels deeply cleansed, calm and refreshed. And that almost what the product does.
See how smooth and thick the mask is…looks so good just like a whipped cream, somehow I loved this picture so much. TBS direction says the mask will not dry but actually it does, though not fully but in parts it does dry which of course I think it’s not bad thing.
Apply a thin layer over face and neck and let it dry or keep it for 10-15 minutes. Other thing to note is the skin might get irritation or burning feel, it does to me but the same time it also has the cooling feeling. My skin feels irritation, my friend also told me the same thing so this you may not like it.
Removing the mask also takes little time as it’s quite thick but then ya just wash it off while rubbing it with fingers. And after it, skin looks clean, smooth and has this cool feeling & my face stays oil free for few hour, though doesn’t do anything to blemishes but then I really didn’t expect the mask to do this too.
Overall I liked this mask and so far the best product from tea tree range for me as you can see the tub is almost over …very unlikely of me
What I did not like about Tea tree facial mask
- Gives irritation feeling
You might like reading these also:-