Today we’ll be reviewing the Bare Escentuals ‘V’ Shaped Face shaping Brush. I say WE because this is one brush I have yet to learn to use properly. This is a totally new type of brush and I would appreciate any advice on how to use this. So instead of a review, this would be more of a discussion I guess..
Brush Details from Bare Escentuals
This Innovative “V” shaping brush allows you to shape and define your face by hugging the contour of your cheeks, forehead, and jaw. The long tapered bristles provide medium coverage for a flawless finish everytime.
My experience with the Bare Escentuals Face shaping V Brush:
- Packaging: This brush comes in plastic wrapping, no box. The brush comes with a plastic bristle-guard.
- Bristle Size & Texture: As visible from the pics, the bristles are of various lengths forming a V shape. The bristles are super soft and are really silky to the touch.
- Bristle Quality (Color, Bleeding & Shedding): The bristles are a dark brown color and has no problem with bleeding. Wrt shedding, I have used this brush only about 6-7 times and there hasn’t been too much shedding..Probably just 5-6 strands till date.
- Washing & Drying: Since the bristles of this brush are so dense, washing is a bit time consuming and the drying time is about 6-7hrs.
- Handling: The handle is a short, chubby one which makes it easy for me to control the strokes during application
Working with the BE Angled face brush:
When I first saw this brush I was silent…silent with SHOCK. I really didn’t know what it was for and how it was to be used. So my experience with this brush is a 100% on experimented basis. I can under no circumstances say with total surety that ‘Yes, THIS is the proper way to use this brush.
If you look at the above pic properly, you will notice the the upper curve of the brush is smaller than the lower slant. This is what helps the brush fit snugly on our cheeks.
And this is exactly what I love about this brush. It fits right onto the apple of my cheeks as well as into the hollow of my cheek. I use this brush to do dual stages in my makeup. i.e. both blush and highlight at or contour/ bronze & blush at the same time. Hence, this is the perfect brush to use if u have blush duos. Let me explain.
Different Uses of Bare Escentuals Face Shaping “V” Brush
V brush for Blush and highlighting
- Take any Blush duo you have. I use any Smashbox Blush duo which has a darker blush shade and a lighter shade.
- Take brush and move it over both shades in one swipe. I swipe it about 2 times making sure that the smaller curved part is swiping the lighter shade and the slanted part is swiping the blush shade.
- Then I position the brush along the APPLE of my cheek, but closer to the eye so that the slanted part of the brush is on the apple and the curved part is on my cheek bone (highlighting area)
- Swipe the brush from front to back and repeat.
- If you need just swipe more of the blush, then only swipe the brush on the blush pan and apply. U can avoid the highlighter shade by just turning the brush around.
- Voila! You have your blush and highlight applied with just 1 brush
V blush For Blush and Bronzing/Contour
- Take any Bronzer duo you have. I use the Benefit Perfect 10 duo.
- Take brush and move it over both shades in one swipe, making sure that the smaller curved part is swiping the blush shade and the slanted part is swiping the bronzer/ darker shade for contouring. Incase you are using separate shade pans, swipe accordingly taking care not to mix up the colors.
- Then I position the brush along the APPLE of my cheek towards the lower side so that the slanted part of the brush is on the hollow on my cheek (bronzer zone) and the curved part is on the apple of my cheeks (blush Zone)
- Swipe the brush from front to back and repeat.
- If you need just swipe more of the blush, then only swipe the brush on the blush pan and apply.
- You have your Bronzer & blush or your contouring done
I would also like to mention here that using the appropriate side of the brush is dependent on your face size and also how you wish to use it. So basically, its all about what suits you.
What I liked about Bare Escentuals Face Shaping “V” Brush
- Its like a 2-in-1 brush
- Travel size and easy to store
- Bristles are densely packed
- Handle is sturdy and light making it easy to use
- Picks up just the right amount of color
- Has multiple uses
What I did not like about Bare Escentuals Face Shaping “V” brush
- Its very confusing to use since its a new kind of brush.
- Definitely not for beginners
Do let me know if you can think of any other ways of using this brush please
You might like reading these also:-
- Brandmile India -BrandMile Shopping experience
- How To Make Eyes Look Brighter
- My Experience With Buyincoins.com
- MAC Vibrant Grape Eyeshadow Review & Swatches
- The Body Shop The Spirit Of Moonflower Body Lotion Review