I am Hena from Kolkata. I have a problem and I am not able to over come the problem myself, that is why I want to take help from you.I have oily skin with large pores around my nose.I have tried my sunscreen from lotus 3in1 sunscreen , Biotique tinted moisturiser SPF 30, Lakme SPF 24 but I haven’t seen any good results on my skin.
After applying any sunscreen my face appears darker than my original skin tone and it feels greasy too! In case of Biotique it didn’t change my skin tone but did made my skin very greasy.
My regular makeup routine is putting up sunscreen then lakme perfect radiance compact and some eye kohl or colorful eyeliner with mascara. After one or two hours my make up comes out of my face and makes me look horrible. Please help!
Well, this was one concerned reader of WiseShe who is probably using the wrong sunscreen that makes her skin tone darker than her natural complexion! Another thing causing the skin to become dark in the sun might be that her skin might need a strong sunscreen with a broader SPF & UV protection criteria!
Make sure you keep these basic things in mind before applying a sunscreen and also check if you need to change the sun protection you are currently using!
Choosing an Appropriate Sunscreen-
- Buy a branded sunscreen as per skin type, if you have oily skin choose a mattifying sunscreen like Neutrogena Sun Block SPF 50
- There are many medicated and expert brands available in stores which are really good for sun protection! Avene Sun Protection Spray, Banana Boat Sport Sunscreen,
- Always choose the sunscreen as per the duration you are exposed to the sun, if you are going out for 1-2 hours a SPF 30 sunblock lotion would be sufficient but if you are exposed to the sun for longer hours, it is advised to reapply sunscreen after every two hours & pick a higher value of SPF in your sunscreen so as to keep your skin protected from damage!
- Humidity too makes the skin behave weirdly with products like sunscreen, compact powder & starts producing oil which makes the makeup products to fade and further exposing the skin in the sun making it look darker!
- Do not immediately apply any moisturizer after a sunscreen lotion, let it get absorbed completely! Then after 15 minutes you can apply the tinted moisturizer with mild SPF cover & makeup products which are smudge proof & suited for oily skin!
Some of the most effective sunscreen reviews are as under. Check them out and choose as per the reviews!
- Lakme 9 to 5 Mattifying Super Sunscreen
- The Body Care Natural Sunscreen with matte finish
- Vichy Capital Soliel SPF 50 Sunscreen
- L’Oreal Paris UV Perfect Aqua Essence SPF 30
You might like reading these also:-
- Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer Reviews And Swatches
- Melanoma Skin Cancer : Causes and Symptoms
- Best Hair Serum For Frizzy Hair
- Lakme Lash Artist Mascara Review
- Best Tinted Moisturiser For Dry Sensitive Skin
- Proactiv Solution Review
- Skin Care Tips For College Students