Today I will be reviewing one of my favourite blushes i.e. The Nyx rouge cream blush in Boho Chic.You can read my cream blush glow review here.
About NYX Blush
More delicious than peaches and cream? We like to think so. Our velvety smooth mineral Rouge Cream Blush offers a sheer wash of radiant color. The glorious payoff is dewy, sultry and long-lasting. Available in cream blush 12 shades.
- Price: 650 INR / $6.50 (which roughly translates to 290INR)
- Quantity: 3.5g
Ingredients of NYX Cream Blush
Shades: These cream blushes come in 12 shades as below
MY experience with Rouge Cream Blush Boho Chic
- Packaging: This blush comes in a pot with a see-through flip top lid. The lid is a a plastic one and although its sturdy, I would suggest not to put much pressure on it since it may come off.
- Pigmentation: Like most blushes in this range, this is highly pigmented and just a single swipe is sufficient for a cheek. The blush is intensely creamy and buildable. This is good for starters to use since its not easy to go over board with this.
- Staying Power: This shade tends to fade in about 5hrs or so leaving a pinkish tinge on my cheeks. Even thought it fades pretty evenly, I still wish it would last longer
- Application: As with all cream blushes, this can be applied either by using your fingers, a Qtip or with a brush. I use a Q-tip with this and dab about 3-4 times over the apple of my cheeks. Then I pat with my fingers, blending the blush into my skin. This ensures that the distribution of product is even and smooth.
- Cost & Availability: These blushes have very limited availability here in India. Even then, the stores which carry NYX may not have all 12 shades available. Wrt the price, I would recommend buying online or ordering through friends instead of buying it here since one can get 2 blushes abroad for the price of 1 in India.
- Versatility: This shade is builadable and you can choose whether you want just a hint of color on your cheeks or a deeper pink look. This can also be use as an eyeshadow base or even as an all-over lid color. It looks really pretty this way too.
Swatches of NYX Rouge Cream Blush Boho Chic
After Blending a little
What I liked about NYX Rouge Cream Blush Boho Chic
- Pigmentation is applause-worthy
- Very build-able and is easy to blend
- The see-thru top makes it easy for us to identify the shade
- Good staying power.
What I do not like NYX Rouge Cream Blush Boho Chic
- May not be suitable for those having oily skin
- Availability is an issue. Nyx is not available everywhere and even then they may not carry all shades of this blush.
- Very pricey in India. It makes more sense to buy online for a lesser amount.
Will I recommend it to others – Yes for sure
You might like reading these also:-
- NYX Rouge Cream Blush Glow Review
- Bare Escentuals Angled Brush Review
- Eye Makeup Remover Maybelline (Review)
- My Weekend Makeup Haul
- The Body Shop Natrulift Firming Night Cream Review
- MAC Sumptuous Olive Look