Post By Zara,
This is one of the lipglosses I from from a Ambika Pillai sale on Fashion and You a couple of months earlier. This is by far, my favourite of all the glosses I have from this brand. Pick Me Up is genuinely a lovely shade and would suit most skin tones from dusky to fair.
- Quantity: 8ml
- Original Price: 700 INR (I got it from FnU at 400INR)
Ingredients of Ambika Pillai Lip glosses
My experience with Pick Me Up:
- Packaging: The packaging of this lipgloss is both expected and unexpected. Expected since the transparent tube with the sponge applicator was not much of a surprise. Unexpected because of the tiny things packed into this tiny tube. They have managed to put a mirror on the side of the tube and they even have lights built into the inner part of the lid. Just press the button on the top and Voila! There will be light!’
- Color: This shade is a lovely mauvish berry kinda color which is totally wearable. It has tiny, minute shimmer particles which don’t look OTT at all.
- Texture: The gloss is totally non-sticky. It glides very smoothly and doesn’t get goopy at any point on the lips. Additionally, its very light and I don’t feel like I’m wearing anything on my lips when I use this.
- Fragrance: It has a very mild, sweet nutty fragrance. Infact, the smell is the same as the lip glosses from Chambor. The fragrance is not unpleasant and isn’t irritating or unpleasant at all. It fades off after 3mins or so.
- Staying Power: This has the best staying power of all the other shades in this range; maybe becauce it is also more pigmented. Touch ups would be required after 3-4hrs or so.
- Pigmentation & Coverage: This shade is more opaque than the others but can also be used in a sheer fashion. It can be used alone on to top off a lipstick. However, I would recommend to wear it alone since the color is more pigmented and displaces the lipstick such that the true color won’t remain.
- Availability: I believe Ambika Pillai products are easily available in the north only. I haven’t seen this brand in any other outlet. I have only been able to buy them from FnU exclusively. Please do let me know if this brand is available in other cities.
Swatches of Ambika Pillai Pick Me Up Lip Gloss
Why I love Ambika Pillai Pick Me Up Lipgloss:
- This is a super pretty shade and the best of the lot in this range. This shade is suitable for everyday wear as well as for occasions.
- It has a mirror which is gr8 for touchups.
- The fact that there’s a mini torch included makes it more fun and useful. So even if you’re out clubbing at night you can apply ur lipgloss anywhere regardless of how well-lit the area is.
- Staying power is relatively decent.
- Doesn’t settle into the fine lines at any point of the day.
- Super moisturizing and I don’t need to apply a lip balm underneath.
- This is a charitable brand and a percentage of profits are contributed to charities
Why I don’t like AP Pick ME Up Lipgloss:
- Contains Parabens
- Availability is a problem.
- Would have liked it better if it had more coverage.
Rating: 4.5/5 (-.5 for availability)
You might like reading these also:-
- Eye Makeup Remover Maybelline (Review)
- Neutrogena Fine Fairness Eye Cream Reviews
- Body Shop Lipstick & Concealer Brush Review
- Coastal Scents 33% Off Offer
- My Bridal Makeup Kit Haul
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Review