I find it a little funny that even though I had decided to write something for WiseShe for a long time, this is my first post as they say it’s never too late
Nevertheless, coming to the point, even though I have normal skin, I bought this body lotion or can I just say that I like body lotions which smell differently and I kind of hoard them I knew I had to have it when I smelt this on a usual trip to H&G (yeah, smell , you read it right )
- What Himalaya Herbals Claims:- A daily-use, intense moisturizer, which a luxurious blend of nourishing and deep penetrating natural ingredients which help repair, nourish, soften, and smoothen dry skin. Cocoa butter intensively moisturizes softens and improves skin texture, and Wheatgerm oil, a rich source of natural vitamin E, nourishes and boosts the skin’s elasticity. Olive oil and Grape seed oil help in repair and regeneration, restoring healthy sin with a long lasting glow.
- Key Ingredients: Cocoa butter, Olive Oil, Grape Seed Oil, Wheatgerm Oil
- Directions: Apply lotion gently all over the body, with special attention to severely dry areas, gently massaging it in. Best used after bathing when your skin is more receptive to hydration
Ingredients of Himalaya Herbals Intensive Moisturising Body Lotion
Aqua, Glycerin, Isopropyl Myristate, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Acrylates Copolymer, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Sorbitan Stearate, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Vitis Vinifera(Grape) Seed Oil, Cocoa Butter, Dimethicone Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Wheatgerm Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylates/C10-30, Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Caramel.
Note: Natural herbal formulations tend to change color over time. However, the product efficacy remains unchanged.
- Available in : 100ml, 200ml and 400ml bottles
- Price: 140 INR for 200ml bottle
- Packaging: like all the other Himalaya products, even this one comes in a sturdy white bottle with a green flip open cap. Even though there is nothing wrong with this, I always prefer bottles with pumps, it makes life so much easier when I am in a hurry ( which is the case most of the time)
My experience with Himalaya Herbals Intensive Moisturising Body lotion
like I had mentioned before, the first thing anybody would notice the amazing cocoa butter fragrance which lingers for a while. I would love to smell like that the whole day. It is somewhat sweet, buttery fragrance(I don’t think I can justify the smell) so just smell it yourself, I know you will like it! It does the basic work of a body lotion but the claims about being an intense moisturizer and being luxurious is not up to the mark.
The consistency is moderate and it gets absorbed into the skin without giving a heavy feel. Hence, it will not be suitable for very dry skin. Cocoa butter has been used in the pure form since a long time, as a remedy for stretch marks and sometimes also as a cure for eczema and dermatitis. So the natural products in the ingredient list is impressive but it has parabens .
Also there is no SPF in the lotion! That could have been one of the plus points of this product as its always better to use one thing rather than mixing in the sunscreen.
What I like about Himalaya Herbals Intensive Moisturising Body Lotion
- Did I mention the amazing smell ?
- Pricing is very decent
- Consistency is neither too runny not thick
- It gets absorbed in the skin easily
- Does not feel heavy
- Does deliver most of the claims
- Availability will not be an issue
What I do not like about Himalaya Herbals Intensive Moisturising Body Lotion
- Not suitable for very dry skin.
- It contains parabens
- No SPF so you have to mix in a sunscreen
- Its not actually a con but a pump dispenser would have been better
Final verdict: this is a very good product and I would not mind buying this again but I like trying new products and preferably with an SPF to save myself little more time and hassle.
My rating: 3.75/5.0
You might like reading these also:-
- Biotique Botanicals Bio Kelp Fresh Growth Protein Shampoo Review
- My Beauty And Makeup Hail After Wise She Recommendation
- Mayonnaise For Hair – Mayonnaise Hair Treatment
- Himalaya Protein Hair Cream Review
- My 7 Must Have Beauty & Makeup Products
- Biotique Bio Musk Root Fresh Growth Nourishing Treatment Pack Review