I usually post recipes on Sunday’s but as I was busy in changing the blog layout yesterday I didn’t get the time to upload it .Making dhokla is very easy and best part is that it doesn’t have many calories.There are very few things in this world which are my favourite and doesn’t contain much of calories
Also, If not in south India I would have never learn the art of making dhokla.Very few people know about dhokla here and availability is always an issue so at last I gave up and learnt to make it myself
Recipe is very simple and there are not many things required for this.
Here we go with the ingredients
1 cup besan
1/2tsp green chilli paste
Salt as per taste I generally go for 1tsp
1/2 tsp ginger paste
pinch of turmeric powder
1-2 tsp sugar
1/2 cup curd (I like taking one or two days old curd here.Sour the curd better is the taste)
1/2 cup water
1tsp fruit salt(You can use Eno also)
1 tsp mustard seeds
few curry leaves
3-4 green chillies (slit them.I use the bigger one as I find thin one two hot to handle)
1tbsp. oil(I use the normal sunflower oil in this)
- Step 1– Take a bowl and add besan, salt , turmeric, sugar, oil, chilli paste in it.
- Step2 –Beat the curd and add it into the besan.
- Step3 – Add water and mix it.
- Step4- Pour the batter into the greased tin.(Consistency of the batter should be of like idli batter not to thick not thin.
- Step 5-If you are in a hurry then you can microwave the batter I prefer steaming.For the steaming method you can use pressure cooker.Fill your pressure cooker with water and place the plate/greased tin where you have poured the batter .Now put on the gas and when the water starts boiling mix eno in the batter and mix gently you will see bubbles eruption ).You should use a thali plate which will fit in the cooker or otherwise microwave
- Step6– After five minutes insert a tooth pick if it comes out clean that means dhokla are done
- Step7 –Take a bowl and add 3tsp of water and one tsp of oil .Put the gass off and remove the plate from the pan.Pour water and oil mixture over it.
- Step8 -Heat oil again in a pan and add mustard seeds, curry leaves and slit green chillies .Saute them and add 1 cup of water in to it.
- Step9 – Cut dhokla’s into square shape and pour the tadka over.
It requires maximum half an hour of work.
Every one cooks dhokla/khaman different do share if you follow a different method of making it.
You might like reading these also:-
- Homemade Face Pack For A Glowing Skin
- Biotique Botanicals Bio Kelp Fresh Growth Protein Shampoo Review
- Steamed Hilsa Recipe (Bhapa Sorshey Elish)
- Papaya Skin Care- Papaya Face Pack And Benefits