- Product: L.A. Colors Moisturising Sheer Lip Gloss in Brown Sugar
- What the Company Claims: A moisturizing sheer lipgloss with just a touch of color for an irresistable shine. Squeezable tube with felt tip applicator provides smooth and easy application.Long lasting, Felt tip applicator, Smooth application.
- Price: $2 for 10ml on cherryculture
- Packaging: Come in a tube with felt-tip applicator. You squeeze the tube and then apply with the help of the felt-tip applicator. If you are not careful, you may end up squeezing out too much product.
- My Experience: I bought this on sale during a cherryculture haul thinking how bad could a $1 lipgloss be! I wanted to try a nice nude shade and judging from the pics on cherryculture, I thought brown sugar could be it. These come in around 24-25 shades, but I picked the one that could look most natural with my Indian complexion.
Let’s start with the shade I got. It is nothing like the pic I saw on their website. It is a copper-ish brown shade with slight orange undertones and an overdose of glitter and shimmer. I really wish the color was a little more subtle because it could have looked more classy then. Though the glitter is not too chunky, it is still very much visible. It is supposed to be a sheer lipgloss, but the color pay-off is way too much for something that’s supposed to be ‘sheer’. You get a lot of color in a single coating and it is enough to hide pigmentation.
Coming to the consistency, it is very very thick. The kind of thick which your hair will stick to. The kind of thick that can look goopy if not applied with a light hand. It is creamy and very convenient to apply. The smell is pretty mild and there’s no taste. Because of the tick consistency, it is very moisturizing in nature and does not dry out my lips.
Swatches of L.A. Colors Moisturising Sheer Lip Gloss in Brown Sugar
What I liked about L.A. Colors Moisturising Sheer Lip Gloss in Brown Sugar
- Color pay-off is great.
- Price is great. For just $2 you get a whopping 10ml of lip gloss.
- No overpowering smell or taste.
- Lasts for 3-4 hours with mild eating and drinking.
What I do not like L.A. Colors Moisturising Sheer Lip Gloss in Brown Sugar
- Not available in India. Has to be ordered online.
- Consistency is very thick and tacky.
- Shimmer is OTT
Will I repurchase it: Yes. I am going to pick up more shades in my next cherryculture haul. Even though the formula is tacky, I don’t mind spending $2 on good shades.
Will I recommend this: Yes. Pick it up during sales and you will not regret your purchase.
You might like reading these also:-
- Avon SuperShock Mascara Review
- Shimmery Eyeliner Pencil Suggestions
- Sephora Nectar Shine Hydrating Care Lipgloss SPF 8 in Litchi Shine Review
- 4 Simple Nail Art Designs
- The Body Shop Rainforest Moisture Hair Butter for Dry Hair Review