- Product: Sephora Nectar Shine Hydrating Care Lipgloss SPF 8 in Litchi Shine
- What the company claims: Sephora Brand Nectar Shine Lip Gloss hydrates, fends off the harmful effects of the sun, and creates a sweetly glistening finish. Its innovative gel texture is emollient without being sticky or tacky.
- Ingredients: Octinoxate (1.9 %), Polybutene, Triisostearin, Octyldodecanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylolpropane Triisostearate, Diisostearyl Malate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Propylene Carbonate, Mica, Dicalcium Phosphate, Polyethylene, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate, Dextrin Palmitate, Fragrance, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Passiflora Edulis Seed Oil, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Tin Oxide, BHT, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica. +/- Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Carmine.
- Price – $12
My experience with Sephora Nectar Shine Hydrating Care Lipgloss
The color is very pale and slightly pink with a lot of fine shimmer. It is very sheer and has absolutely no color at all. The color is obviously not buildable. The shimmer particles are very minute and not at all gritty. The texture is creamy and easy to apply. Consistency is neither too thick nor too runny. Just perfect, so that it stays on for long enough, but still does not make hair stick to the lips. The smell is very mild and pleasant and it has no taste. The packaging is in tube form with a brush applicator which gives precise and even coverage. Since it has no color, it does not hide pigmentation, but only leaves a faint glossy finish on the lips. Therefore, it is great for daywear too. Staying power is decent as it stays for about 4-5 hours with mild drinking and eating. The shade I have- Litchi Shine is so pale that it washes me out, so I have started pairing it only with lipsticks and other pigmented glosses.
Swatches of Nectar Shine Hydrating Care Lipgloss SPF 8
What I liked about Sephora Nectar Shine Hydrating Care Lip gloss
- Moisturizing formula. Does not make my lips feel dry!
- Neither too thick nor too runny.
- Very teeny-tiny shimmer particles.
- Staying power is decent.
- No over-powering fragrance or taste.
- Sun protection with SPF 8. According to the ingredient list, it contains titanium di oxide.
- The brush applicator is such a pleasant change from the usual doe-foot applicators. I love the precision such kind of applicator gives.
What I do not like about Sephora Nectar Hydrating Care Lipgloss
- Not available in India.
- Very, very sheer. Will not be able to cover pigmentation.
- All the shades in this range are very pastel shades, barring two. These shades can easily wash out Indian complexions.
- Will I repurchase it: I have already asked my friend to bring Mango Shine shade in this range because it looks really orange-y and pigmented. I love the formula, so I would love to try a shade that will suit me better.
- Will I recommend this: If you can find a shade you like, you shouldn’t miss this!
You might like reading these also:-
- NYX Round Lip Gloss In Peach Review & Swatches
- NYX Trio 21- Copper Rust Bronze Info & Swatches
- Wise She Mega NYX International Giveaway
- NYX Round Lipstick Indian Pink Review,Swatches & FOTD
- Top 10 Best Online Indian Shopping Sites In India (Part 1)
- NYX Round Lipgloss 06 Mauve Review,Swatches & FOTD