Post By Zara, Bourjois Blush Rose Frission
Today I will be reviewing my one and only Bourjois Blush (You can check out the swatches of 6 boujois blushes here). I am a total blush freak and collect blushes like one would collect jewelery or stamps! So its no surprise that I ran to pick this up as soon as I could.
What bourjois cosmeticsblushes claims:-
Little Round Pot blush Ultra fine and easy to blend powder blush
Our timeless blusher has been around for almost 150 years and have made Bourjois famous worldwide thanks to its amazing texture and packaging.
The baked texture transforms when applied to the skin into an ultra-fine pressed powder, which is easy to apply and blends impeccably. One stroke of the brush reveals the irresistible aroma of the rose scented powder.
Its built-in mirror and brush is perfect for touch-ups on the go!
The Little round pot blush exists in 12 shades to match all skin tones.
Bourjis blush Tips
For a natural result, smile and apply the blush on your cheekbones with circular movements. Then stretch up to the temples.
If you applied to much, don’t worry; just apply a coat of powder on top of it!
With the widest range of the market, Bourjois Little Round Pot Blush is our iconic and timeless product since 1863.
Bourjois Little Round Pot blush was the first ever dry powder making make-up accessible to all women everyday in the 19th century.
Discover our application advices and make-up tips to get the cheeks that will add the finishing touch to your fashion statement whatever your skin tone!
- Price: 550 INR
- Quantity: 2.5g
Talc, parfum (fragrance), bentonite, zea mays (corn) starch, hydroxycitronellal, sodium methylparaben, cinnamyl alcohol, benzyl benzoate, eugenol, benzyl salicylate, linalool, citronellol, evernia prunastri (oakmoss) extract, amyl cinnamal, geraniol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, coumarin, limonene, benzyl alcohol, farnesol. may contain: tin oxide, red 28 lake, ci 15850 (red 6, red 6 lake, red 7 lake), ci 15880 (red 34 lake), ci 15985 (yellow 6 lake), ci 19140 (yellow 5 lake), ci 45410 (red 27 lake), ci 75470 (carmine), ci 77007 (ultramarines), ci 77163 (bismuth oxychloride), ci 77491 , ci 77492, ci 77499 (iron oxides), ci 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), ci 77742 (manganese violet), ci 77891 (titanium dioxide), mica.
My take on the bourjois blush
- Packaging: The packaging for this blush is totally cute and compact. One can hold it easily in your palm. The blush is encased in a tiny plastic pot in the same shade as that of the blush. All the blushes in this range have their dibbi in the same shade as the actual blush color for ease in identification. It comes with a soft curved brush and a tiny circular note with tips on application. The dibbi also has a mirror in it which is gr8 for touchups. Also all the pots are of the same color as the blush shade so if you have multiple shades, it would easy to differentiate between them.
- Texture & Pigmentation: The blush being the baked types is super pigmented. The shade is so dense and gorgeous that most of us gals would go ga-ga over this. A single swipe brings so much color to the cheeks and it gives a lovely ‘blushing’ effect which is a boon for those like me who tend to look a bit pale at certain times. Texture is very soft and non abrasive.
- Color: This blush is a lovely satiny rosey pink. When I use this I instantly look like I’m blushing and my cheeks take on a rosey hue which I looooovveee! Its unlike any other blush shade I have and I treasure this like crazy. I rely on this shade to make me look more ‘awake’ in the morning especially on Mondays
- Staying Power: The staying power is quite impressive and this stays on my cheeks for about 6-7hrs without fading. I’m not sure how it would fare on oily skin though.
- Application: I usually swirl my blush brush in the pot one, tap off the excess and then brush on from my hairline to the apple of my cheeks. I find this manner of application easier to control.
- Cost & Availability: This blush is available at all Bourjois counters at Shoppers stop and Westside. The cost may initially feel a bit steep but once you start using it, you realize how much product is there and the fact that you need so little of it each time that it’s gona last a long, long time..
Swatches of Bourjois blush Rose Frission
What i liked about Bourjois Blush in Rose Frission
- Superb Pigmentation
- Very Affordable for the quantity given.
- Good for those who want to infuse color into their face at short notice.
- Texture is wonderful, dense and easy to spread.
- It has a mirror & mini-brush inside which is great for touchups.
- The packaging is very sturdy and compact which makes it easy to carry around.
- Staying power is quite decent.
- A good variety of shades.
- Doesn’t have OTT shimmer which makes this gr8 for daily wear to work.
What i do not like about Bourjois Blush in Rose Frission
- Contains Parabens
- Would have been better if the brush had a separate compartment instead of being stored in the same pan.
I do love this blush a lot! Do any of you have it and share the same experience as I do?
You might like reading these also:-
- 6 Bourjois Khol & Contour Eye Pencils Swatches and Review
- Highlighter Makeup – How To Apply Highlighter On Face
- Bourjois Wet/Dry Eye Shadow (Ombre A Paupieres) Review
- 11 Bourjois Eyeliner Photos & Swatches
- 6 Bourjois Blushes Photos & Swatches
- Vogue India september 2010 issue-Whats in Vogue store