I had some boiled rice with me so thought of making egg and vegetable fried rice.It’s a quick recipe and is quite fulfilling.When I don’t know what to cook I make this most of the time and make use of all the vegetables lying in the fridge.
So lets go with the recipe
Ingredients For 3 adults)
1cup chopped vegetables(I like to use carrots, beans, capsicum, peas)
Paneer/Indian cheese (I had this so I used it)
1 sliced onion
1 chopped green chilli
1/4th inch ginger paste.(If you like garlic in rice you can add that as well)
Oil (I used my regular cooking oil)
Boiled Rice(around 2 cups or as per choice))
Chilli sauce(as per taste)
Soya sauce(as per taste)
Cumin seeds(1/4th tsp)
Method and Preparations:-
- Step1 -Heat oil in a pan and add 1/4th tsp of cumin seeds in it.
- Step2 – Add sliced onion , chopped green chillies, ginger and garlic paste and saute them till onion turns slightly brown.
- Step3 – Now add all the vegetables and paneer in it .
- Step4 – Add salt,black pepper, soya sauce and red chilli sauce and cover the vegetables so that they get cooked.
- Step5 – Now on the vegetable crack two eggs and wait for them to get slightly cooked(the way we do it in egg bhurji)
- Step6 – With a light hand mix the egg with other vegetables and add boiled rice in it.
This rice doesn’t require much of garnishing as all the colourful vegetables makes it look pretty
Please note that chilli sauce and soya sauce already have some amount of salt in it so add salt accordingly in it.
Happy weekend everyone !!!
You might like reading these also:-
- Quick healthy recipe – Vrat ke chawal/Samo rice in fifteen minutes
- Potato recipes-Crispy potatoes in hot and sweet sauce with pictures
- Fast recipes – Sabudana Vada with pictures