I have been asked about my hair care routine a lot many times here and with some spare time in my hand I thought of doing this post .My hair have gone through many things and I take all the responsibility of it. First time I bleached my hair was when I was in 10th standard without my mother’s knowledge and result was disaster. Unaware of this debacle, they became rough and like katrina kaif says in her panteene shampoo ad – “Ghaassh” .
There was also a time when I thought I am going to be bald soon. Actually, I got them re-bonded and just after a few weeks of rebonding, I had so many functions to attend so I went ahead and used hot curlers on my rebonded hair and did a few more terrible things and thereafter my hair fall started. Thankfully with some treatments and home-made hair recipes, I regained back the strength, volume and softness of my hair.
Now after two and half years I have again got my hair colored but this time result has turned out nice because now after so many experiments, I have a bit of idea about how to take better care of them.
This is my hair care routine since two months which is not too expensive and is working great .Previously I was using L’oreal professional series shampoo, conditioner and mask which used to get over in almost 20 days so my hair care regimen use to be quite expensive.Thankfully now I know an easy and inexpensive ways to take care of coloured hair.
- Matrix Biolage Ultra-Hydrating shampoo for dry, thick hair – This shampoo I believe is God sent to me .I haven’t suffered any hair fall while using this .It cost Rs 345 for 400ml and its been two months and there is still quite a bit of product left in it.It thoroughly cleans oil or any kind of hair packs from my hair and doesn’t make my coloured hair feel too dry.
- Matrix Biolage Fortifying Conditioner – This conditioner is specifically meant for chemically treated hair and cost Rs285 for 196gm.It helps in controlling frizz and making my hair smooth.
- L’oreal total repair(5) total repairing Masque – After using the above conditioner I use L’oreal masque to get over more dryness.I won’t say it’s one of the awsome masques .You can use any other of your favourite masque instead of this but with coloured hair I will advise to use atleast one after shampooing and conditioning your hair.I have used Dove hair masque also which too worked more or less same.
- Loreal Professional hair serum(Rs545)- I have been using this serum since years and I am addicted to it.Hair get instantly smooth and light with this.It’s easily available, lasts long and makes my hair managable.
With this once a week I use Matrix Biolage hydratherapie intense moisture Masque (Price Rs 410 for 392gm)which is for normal to dry hair.I apply this masque layer by layer in my hair and wrap them up with a shower cap for three to four hours.If I have some time to spare, I wrap a hot towel on it to deep condition them and then wash off my hair with a Biolage shampoo.The day I use this I don’t use any other conditioner or masque.
I must tell you that I liked L’oreal hair spa nourishing cream bath more moisturizing than biolage one but as I didn’t find L’oreal one(
I am lazy) near by I am using this one and my hair are responding well with it .
Also, whenever my schedule allows me I take hair spa or deep conditioning in VLCC.I just love pamepring my hair and ahhh it is relaxing I just started imagining it.
With this oiling hair previous night or half an hour before going to bath bring extra shine and warmth to hair.As I have been using a lot of chemicals (all these masque, conditioners, spas are nothing but full of chemical) so once in a while I take a break and use egg mask, mayo mask on my hair.
I will also share some of my coloring hair experience as this is the fourth time I have taken it.
- You have a function or a party to attend and just 2-3 days back you’ve coloured your hair and now thinking for straigthening or perming. Beware, you are heading towards a disaster .You must wait atleast for two weeks after coloring.Plan them in advance otherwise perms or straightening solutions are going to damage hair and you will notice your hair breaking much easily than before.
- Avoid split ends as much as possible .Best is to get your hair trimmed every four to six weeks.
- Although your hair are dead but treat them nicely.Avoid tugging your hair and wash them gently.Wash your hair thoroughly and do not let the traces of shampoo stay in them.I still believe in old school of thought and wash my hair every alternate days and not every day.
- If you are colouring your hair to hide grey hair then get them coloured once a month and not every fifteen days.For those who do not suffer from grey hair, I personally feel a gap of three to four month is necessary before getting them coloured again.
When you make weekend plans do include some hair care treatment aside.Using home made packs are a good way to give some chemical free love to your hair.
This is all from my side
Have a happy healthy hair day!!