I picked this up out of sheer curiosity before my wedding because I wanted a long lasting lippy which would see me through all the rituals without having to do repeated touch ups Although it didn’t live up to that claim and still do like it and here’s why….
- About this range of Lipsticks:
- COLOR+COMFORT+SHINE – For 10 hours of perfection.
- DAY PERFECT LIP COLOR Never before long-wearing comfort technology.Discover this never before long-wearing comfort technology that forms a thin luminous film that locks in the color for up to 10 hours and creates a luscious shine.
- Intense crème color - This intense gel-based crème color blends with natural oils to envelop your lips in a superior creamy coat of color that is intense and comfortable.
- Shades – You can check all the shades of Lakme 9to5 perfect lip color pacific sunset here
- Price:550 INR (Available only in India)
- Packaging: This lipstick comes in a metallic pink/mauvish spherical tube . It has a push clasp and looks really pretty. M a sucker for well packaged makeup and this looked super to me at first glance itself. The shade name is mentioned on the end of the lipstick and the best part about these lippies is that they r easy to stack and store standing up so as to identify the shades easily.
- Color: This shade looked really dark in the tube but on application it looks much much lighter. Its a lovely mauvish-pink shade which tiny silver shimmers which gives the lippy a nice Oomph factor. I did like this shade on me and I remember going all Wow when I got this shade. I got this right before my wedding because I wanted a pretty lippy with a long staying power and thought I’d hit the jackpot with this one..But alas!
- Texture: The lipstick glides on easily enough but I didn’t find it as smooth as other lippies I usually use. Maybe the formula is a bit thick or it was the effect of the shimmers but the formula felt a tad bit coarse to me. Did anyone else have this feeling?
- Pigmentation & Coverage: This lipstick does give full coverage but I usually don’t apply it dark. I apply it lightly so that although it covers the pigmentation on my lips, it still looks light and pink enough. If applies dark it looks a lot more mauve though.
- Staying Power: This lipstick is part of the 9t5 range and hence I presume we can hope for it to stay for this duration. But sadly this doesn’t meet this claim at all. The lipstick fades super fast and I need to apply withing 2hrs or so. I normally wouldn’t mind re-applying but that’s not why I bought this na? Their 8hrs claim is totally false and its my sincere advice to all girls planning to get this not to get it if you;re intention is to get a lippy with a long staying power.
- Availability: These are available at practically all stores which sell cosmetics. From local stores to shoppers Stop, Westside, etc.
What I like about Lakme Pacific Sunset Lippy:
- Classy packaging which is easy to store as well.
- The tiny shimmers add an Oomph factor to the lippy and make my lips glow
- Very versatile shade since it can be worn lightly and built up as desired.
- Its Lakme and is easily accessible.
- This shade would suit alotta gals.
- They have a huuge variety of shades and everyone will be able to find the shade of their choice.
- Perfect for daily wear as well as for occasions.
What I don’t like about Lakme Pacific Sunset Lippy:
- Doesn’t hold true to its claim of staying on for 8hrs.
- Too pricey for a lippy which doesn’t hold up to its main claim. It might as well be priced like any other lippy from their other ranges.
- Would I repurchse: Yes, provided they either lower the price or change the formula such that it actually stays on for 8hrs.
You might like reading these also:-
- Lakme Fruit Blast Citrus Rain FruitDetox Face Wash Review And Price
- Lakme Lipstick – Lakme Lip Love Lipstick Shades, Price and Photos
- New Launches – Lakme nine to five day perfect lip color
- Grand Finale Lakme Fashion Week Winter/ Festive 2010
- Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle scrub and Neutrogena deep clean Foaming cleanser (Product review)