Today I’ll be reviewing my MAC lippy in High Tea. I bought this because I wanted a lipstick which would give an almost bronze look to work with heavily done eyes.
This is what the MUA suggested and I was honestly not sure of it but then I though ‘WTH, Lets give it a try’ It was also the first (and last) Frost finish Lipstick I ever indulged in.
- Size: 3gms
- Price: 950 INR approx.
MAC Verve is a Lustre Finish lipstick and can be worn alone or atop another lippy.
- Packaging: This lipstick comes in the usual bullet-shaped MAC packaging with the brand highlighted in silver. The details of the brand and the shade name is given on the bottom of the lipstick. The packaging is very sturdy and there is no chance of the lipstick opening up in your purse.
- Color: What attracted me to this shade was the fact that it is a frosty gold shade but with a light pink hue to it. I had never come across such a wonderful shade before and I fell for it hook, line and sinker The gold does dominate, but the subtlety of the Pink is what’s heart winning. Its quite similar to ‘Quiet Please’ shade, but the the Pink tone is what sets this baby apart.
- Texture: The lipstick is quite smooth and creamy without being sticky. It has a super frosty look because of which it tends to settle into the fine lines of the lips after 40mins of application.
- Coverage: This lipstick is a medium coverage one. One can try layering it over another lipstick but this works only if this shade is lightly taped on. Otherwise the frost is so dominating that your base color won’t stand a chance of being visible.
- Pigmentation: The lipstick has excellent pigmentation and a single swipe is all that’s required. This can instantly glam up a look.
- Fragrance: This lipstick has the Mac trademark vanilla fragrance which is not too strong and wouldn’t irritate any sensitive noses.
- Staying Power: This lipstick stays for about 3-4 hrs on my lips. The pinkish tinge may fade off but the gold frost look takes its time.
It does tend to settle into the fine lines of my lips and this is the one and only reason I don’t use this very often. Actually it was from this experience that I realised I had fine lines and learnt that gals with fine lines on their lips should avoid frost finish lippies. I also tend to avoid using this because it makes me look a bit pale..Pls do let me know if any of you know a good alternative to use this.
Swatches of MAC High Tea Lipstick
What I like about MAC High Tea Lipstick:
- It covers up any pigmented areas on the lips.
- The frosty finish is very attention grabbing
- Would suit most girls and is great for party wear to achieve that ultimate bronzed look!
- The staying power is very decent.
What I don’t like about MAC High Tea Lipstick:
- •It takes no time in settling into the fine lines of my lips This reason alone is enough to make me avoid this lippy.
You might like reading these also:-
- MAC Stylishly Yours Something New Review & Swatches
- Pantene Shampoo – Pantene Pro-V Smooth & Silky Shampoo Review
- Lotus Herbals Safe Sun Sunscreen Face Wash Gel Review
- Biotique Botanicals Bio Kelp Fresh Growth Protein Shampoo Review
- The Body Shop Sweet Lemon Shower Gel Review
- Aroma Magic Honey Hand And Body Lotion Review
- Have You Checked Your Valentine’s Day Horoscope?