I am a certified blush lover (You can read few of my blush post here , here and here ) and am always on the hunt for new and unusual shades to try. So on one of my many expeditions a couple of months earlier, I was delighted to see this tiny pot of sheer gorgeousness. The SA didn’t have many testers available and when I saw this sealed pack I thought ‘Naa..This seems like a dupe of NYX Glow blush which I already have.’ But then the SA dug around and found the tester for this and coaxed me into swatching it. Honestly girls, it doesn’t take much effort to convince me to swatch (or even purchase) the vast plethora of cosmetics so I didn’t hesitate. And thank god I didn’t! Or I would’ve missed this fabulous one-of-a-kind shade. The minute she swatched I was like ‘Whoa!’ It was such a different shade than any other and I actually went outside the shop to check the shade in natural light to convince myself. And that was that …I walked back and told the SA I’d take it!
So let’s have a look at one of my Blush Loves….Max Factor Miracle Touch Creamy Blush in Soft Cardinal.
What MAX Factor Claims:-
Foundation might perfect your skin but a hint of cream blush is the secret weapon to a healthy glow. Now you can create the ultimate skin finish yourself with new Miracle Touch Creamy Blush. Designed to perfectly compliment the flawless results of Miracle Touch Foundation, this blend-easy blusher adds a radiant, dewy flush to all skin-types. Unlike powder blushers it also stays looking freshly applied throughout the day.
A naturally radiant glow never goes out of fashion but can be hard to achieve. Now you can find out exactly how to create the look by layering Creamy Blush over Miracle Touch Foundation. It’s easy to blend and surprisingly subtle for a fresh, fabulous result.
- Price: INR 565
- Quantity: 5g
Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Octyldodecanol, Ozokerite, Nylon-6, Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Candelilla Cera, Lanolin Oil, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Alba, Isopropyl Myristate, Aluminium Hydroxide, Barium Sulfate, Propylparaben, BHT, Parfum, Talc, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Limonene [+/- CI 77861, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77015, CI 45410, CI 15850, CI 19140]
My take on the product:
- Packaging: This blush comes in a teeny weeny pot only slightly larger than a 1Re coin. Its so small that one can fit it in their jeans pocket easily! It has a plastic see trough lid with the brand name and range mentioned and the shade name is mentioned on the back. I personally didn’t like the packaging too much since the lid seems brittle to me.
- Color: This blush, when swatched, is the most lovely frosted pink I’ve ever come across. At the beginning I was a bit nervous about using something that looked frosty, but it doesn’t look frosty at all after blending. Post blending it looks like a lovely luminous pink and gives the impression of being extremely soft and silky to the touch.
- Pigmentation & Texture: This blush is very pigmented and I need only 3-4 dots to cover my cheeks. When I just dabbed this on my cheeks, I was a bit scared, wondering if I’d end up with clown cheeks but this is not the case. Even though this blush is buildable, it’s easy to use once you get the hang of it so that you can judge the right amount of product required.
This blush feels very thick and makes one think it would feel heavy. But on application it glides easily and is extremely easy to blend.
- Staying Power: It has a decent staying power of approx 5-6hrs. I apply this at 7am and even when I check at 4pm, I still see a nice tint of color on my cheeks.
- Application: I either use a q-tip and dot on the cheeks and do the pat n dab routine or use a stippling brush to apply this blush. I prefer the stippling brush though since it becomes easier to create the C-shape application with a brush than with the fingers.
- Cost & Availability: These blushes are available at any Max Factor outlet in Shoppers Stop, Westside or a local beauty store. I do feel these are too pricey for the quantity though. Just 5gms for more than 500bucks. This is total Loot! But then I keep forgiving myself for such splurges coz I ma a total blush lover. Do u think this is a gud enough excuse?
- Versatility: The SA had mentioned that these can be used a lip cream as well. But I don’t use it as such because it looks to frosty. I just applied it and didn’t like how it looked on me so wiped it off immediately. Frost finish lovers may however like this for sure.
Swatches of MAX Factor Blush soft cardinal
What I liked about MAX Factor Factor Touch Creamy Blush
- This is a very different shade I came across and love how it looks a bit different as compared to our usual pinks.
- Glides easily and is not at all tough to blend out.
- The pot has a transparent lid which makes it easier to identify the shade easily.
- Can be used as a lip cream as well for those who like frosty finish lippies.
- So travel friendly…Just slip it into your pocket and you’re good to go
What I do not like about MAC Factor Touch Creamy Blush
- Too pricey for just 5gms of product
- Contains Parabens
- It may make oily cheeks look oilier. However, dusting some loose powder over it would solve the problem.
Have any of you tried any cream blushes from Max Factor?
You might like reading these also:-
- Makeup Shopping List Ideas – Suggestions
- NARS Cream Blush Lokoum Reviews & Swatches
- Urban Decay Quickie Afterglow Blush Review & Swatches
- KKcenterHK Wales 20 Color Eye Shadow & Blush MD202C Review & Swatches
- Sexy Vampire Makeup Tutorials Halloween
- Zebra French Tip Nail Art Tutorial