Like most of my face washes, I picked this up randomly at a store out of sheer curiosity early this year. I used this for a while and I found it to be too drying for me in the Winters so I kept it aside after which I discovered the Fan-ta-bulousness that is Lush :). So after my Lush cleansers got over, it was summer time and I decided to whip this baby out again. So far, I’m loving this and let’s see why….
Neutrogena Claim & Directions for use
- Ingredients:Neutrogena Visibly Clear Gentle Exfoliating Wash contains natural plant extracts to condition the skin as you cleanse, leaving it feeling soft and smooth. Its soft microbeads exfoliate dead skin cells and cleanse deep into pores, helping to prevent blemishes without over-drying your skin.
- Price: 410 INR
- Packaging – This comes in a squeezy tube form which I love because its the most hygienic type of packaging for such products. It has a flip top lid as well which I didn’t find to be too sturdy. A lot of the time the lid doesn’t close fully and some of the product dribbles out. For this alone, I would not deem it as being safe for travel. However, this may be a prob with the tube I got and may not be same for others using this
- Texture – The face wash is transparent and is not too runny nor too thick. Its just right infact. It has tiny white and blue exfoliation beads as well which work great on the skin.
- Fragrance – This paste has a medicinal smell, but not unpleasant. When I use this, I feel like I’m using something prescribed by a doctor! But the fragrance isn’t long lasting and fades away within a few minutes of washing it off
- Usage – I just squeeze out the required amount and massage onto my wet face. The facewash does lather up quite well. I massage it into my skin for about a minute and then rinse off. I wouldn’t suggest massaging it too much since the granules are bit abrasive and may distress the skin if massaged in excess.
My Verdict on Neutrogena face wash
I do like this facewash but I don’t use it daily since I feel the granules are too abrasive which I’m a bit nervous about. I have noticed a marked reduction in acne after using this. My skin also seems smoother as well. So, where I would definitely recommend this to most of you, I would also request those with extreme acne to stay away from this since it may actually be too abrasive and may harm your skin further.
What I liked about Neutrogena Visibly Clear Gentle Exfoliating Wash
• I find it quite effective for my face. It would be really good for oily skinned beauties as well
• It may be too drying in winters.
• The skin does feel squeaky clean after using this.
• Lasts a long time since a very tiny pea-sized amount is needed for a single wash.
• Thanks to the squeezy tube packaging, this is a very hygienic product to use.
What I do not like about Neutrogena Visibly Clean Gentle Exfoliating Wash
• Contains SLS.
• Pretty expensive for a face wash
• Some may not like the medicinal fragrance
• Availability may be a problem since I haven’t seen this is most drugstores
Rating: 4.5/5 ( -.5 for the dryness it causes.)
You might like reading these also:-
- Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash Review
- Lakme 9to5 Day Perfect Lip Color in Pacific Sunset Review
- 5 Skin Care Home Remedies That Worked For Me
- Clinique Liquid Facial Soap Mild Review
- Avon SuperShock Mascara Review